One step update has duplicate financial institution

Options
Quicken Deluxe R32.12

When I perform a one step update, my main bank account shows up twice. Is there any way to make that go away without doing drastic steps like deleting and rebuilding my password vault?

I have performed Validate and Super-Validate with no change. I've also tried sync to cloud, and resetting cloud data. It only shows up one time in the online center.

I've just been ignoring this for a long time hoping that it would eventually go away but it hasn't.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It is normal for distinct financial institution sign-ins to have their own entry.  It's also possible to have multiple entries when you use multiple connection methods with the same sign-in.

I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of all of the registers associated with the financial institution and clear the financial institution name field on the General tab.  When you have been successful, there will be no entry for this financial institution on the One Step Update Settings window.  After you have deactivated the Online Services of all of the registers associated with the financial institution and cleared the financial institution name field, when you setup the Online Services of one of the registers, Quicken should provide the list of the accounts and allow you to link them to the existing registers.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It is normal for distinct financial institution sign-ins to have their own entry.  It's also possible to have multiple entries when you use multiple connection methods with the same sign-in.

I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of all of the registers associated with the financial institution and clear the financial institution name field on the General tab.  When you have been successful, there will be no entry for this financial institution on the One Step Update Settings window.  After you have deactivated the Online Services of all of the registers associated with the financial institution and cleared the financial institution name field, when you setup the Online Services of one of the registers, Quicken should provide the list of the accounts and allow you to link them to the existing registers.
  • Dave Kindness
    Dave Kindness Member ✭✭
    Options
    I had to adjust the beginning balance on a few of the accounts, but that seems to have fixed it. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.