How do I print check in Quicken Starter (Mac) ?

Options
TerryGWB
TerryGWB Member
When I click on Print Checks, it doesn't show any of the checks I just entered. I'm in Quicken Starter v. 6.1.1. This always worked in my previous versions, but it's been a while since I needed to print checks.

Best Answers

• TerryGWB
    TerryGWB Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    hat led me to the answer. Thanks.
  • TerryGWB
    TerryGWB Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Got it. Thanks.
  • TerryGWB
    TerryGWB Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes, I found that out - the Edit Details thing - thanks a lot for your help.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Among these videos, there should be one that talks about printing checks:

https://www.youtube.com/user/QuickenMac/videos

• TerryGWB
    TerryGWB Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    hat led me to the answer. Thanks.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    When you entered these transactions, you either need to click the "I will print this check" on the Print Check tab…

…or enter PRINT in the check number column of the transaction register. 

Then you can select Print Checks, and the designated transactions will be available for printing.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • TerryGWB
    TerryGWB Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Got it. Thanks.
  • TerryGWB
    TerryGWB Member
    Options
    I needed to use Write Checks not just click "+ New" to get the "I will print this check" box.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @TerryGWB  If you want, you can use the regular "New" (button or Command-N) to enter the transaction, and there are multiple ways to get it to be a check for printing…
    • Click Edit Details, then click the Print Check tab, where you can enter an address (if needed) and check the "I will print this check" box.
    • Select Transactors > Show Checks.
    • Use the keyboard shortcut Command-Option-C (C for checks).
    • If you don't need to fill in an address, you can skip the Checks panel entirely and just type PRINT in the check number column.
    Any of these methods will create a transaction ready to be printed as a check. Sometimes Quicken can't do things we want… and sometimes it gives us multiple ways to do the same thing. ;)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • TerryGWB
    TerryGWB Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes, I found that out - the Edit Details thing - thanks a lot for your help.
This discussion has been closed.