Options
rhandersonjr
rhandersonjr Member
Have been able to reconcile the account until now. What is my problem/

Answers

• rhandersonjr
    rhandersonjr Member
    Options
    This is the first month I have not been able to reconcile. I have also lost my BALANCE column. WHAT HAPPEN
  • The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You haven't stated what problems you are experiencing with reconciliation, only that you can't reconcile.

Concerning your balance column disappearing, is the entire column not there or just the balance total? A while back, the balance transactions were showing in the balance column but there was no total showing. After spending a considerable length of time I discovered that the register sheet had been moved slightly to the right on my computer screen hiding the balance total. If you are experiencing the same thing, place your cursor to the very top of the register where it says Quicken and drag the screen slightly to the left.  if you are experiencing something different with the balance column not showing, respond to this post and someone else may have a solution. Also, provide some detail on not being able to reconcile.

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @rhandersonjr

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here what exactly might be causing the issue. Could you go into detail about what exactly is happening? Is the reconcile screen coming up but nothing is appearing? Are your current transactions showing reconciled/cleared in the reconcile column as well? Is this only happening in one register or multiple? Any additional details as well will help us with figuring out what exactly is happening. Once you get a chance please let us know more and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    The balance column you're referring to is in your register, unrelated to the reconciliation, right? If the column is entirely missing from your register, you can click on the Columns icon in the bottom toolbar and check Balance to make it re-appear in your register. If the column is present, but the values are in gray and italic, it's because you have you register sorted by some column other than date; balances are only meaningful if the register is sorted by date, so click the Date heading to sort by date.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jaw
    jaw Member
    Options
    "Reconcile account" is grayed out so I cannot reconcile any of my accounts.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @jaw  It sounds like you have clicked on a group heading (Cash, Credit Card, Banking) in the left sidebar, rather than an actual account.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.