RENTAL FOR MAC

lee crowder
lee crowder Member
At the end of 2020 I downloaded Rental as I had for 10+ years. When I opened it with my new Mac, it was not the Rental I paid $109 to install. I got lucky and spoke with a live tech who explained they do not support Rental for Mac even though it is advertised . Does anyone know about this issue? Will there ever be a Rental for Mac?

Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Could you show us a link to where Rental is advertised for the Mac?    It's not a feature of QMac, and we won't know if it ever will be as Quicken does not (generally) announce features in advance.

If you need Rental  / Home & Business on your Mac, you do have the option of running Windows on your Mac via virtualization software such as Parallels Desktop for Mac or VMWare Fusion [etc] (unless yours is a new M1 Mac - where things get complicated).

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    There has never been a Home & Business/Rental version for the Mac. There's a longstanding thread on this site requesting they develop one. 

They haven't created a Home & Business version for Mac at least in part because the basic Quicken Mac product, which they've been rebuilding from scratch over the past seven years -- for a large part of that with a very small development staff -- still does not have all the functionality of Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Since Home & Business is built on top of Deluxe/Premier, they have to do more development just to get the Mac up to relative feature parity with the Windows versions before they can undertake to add the additional functionality of a Home & Business version for Mac.

They also have to balance how many thousands of development hours it will take to create a Mac H&B version, versus the revenue they can make if they create such a product. There are clearly many people, like you, who want H&B for Mac, but there have to be enough that they can justify the investment in time to create it. Only Quicken knows the numbers for both sides of that equation. If they decide there's a large enough market to create the product, then it's just a matter of how long it will take them to do it. Realistically, it's hard to imagine anything particularly soon; I know that's not what you want to hear, but I'm just trying to explain the realities of the situation.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.