update version 33.19

after version 33.19 update, I am not able to view the osu channel have been using FDS, I used to be able to see the channel using SHIFT F4 help about quicken. this doesnt seem to work now

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    bill20 said:
    after version 33.19 update, I am not able to view the osu channel have been using FDS, I used to be able to see the channel using SHIFT F4 help about quicken. this doesnt seem to work now

I haven't got 33.19 yet but, well we knew this day was coming.  Quicken Inc has said all along that they are going to QCS and the ability to switch back to FDS is only temporary.

I personally have been working towards this day.  I have reduced the number of accounts that can potentially used Express Web Connect from 4 accounts to 2 and have switched to manually updating one of them which for the most part only has a monthly interest deposit.

That leaves the Macy's credit card that my wife really wants, but doesn't really have much the way of transactions.  When I get 33.19 I will probably deactivate that one too and either have my wife manually enter the transactions (since she is the only one that knows when that happens, and I'm not going to check the website everyday or so).  Or maybe will just take it completely out of Quicken.  I already maintain a buffer amount in my checking account that will more than pay any of the Macy's monthly payments, which are set to automatically be withdrawn from that checking account.

BTW I'm still seeing "sync errors" reported that seem to be from the QCS system, like:
    "I download and get no errors, but no transactions download."
    "The online balance/date isn't up to date after I download my transactions, even though I do get transactions.  I have to do Update Now from the account to get the online balance/date to update."
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    bill20 said:

I haven't got 33.19 yet but, well we knew this day was coming.  Quicken Inc has said all along that they are going to QCS and the ability to switch back to FDS is only temporary.

I personally have been working towards this day.  I have reduced the number of accounts that can potentially used Express Web Connect from 4 accounts to 2 and have switched to manually updating one of them which for the most part only has a monthly interest deposit.

That leaves the Macy's credit card that my wife really wants, but doesn't really have much the way of transactions.  When I get 33.19 I will probably deactivate that one too and either have my wife manually enter the transactions (since she is the only one that knows when that happens, and I'm not going to check the website everyday or so).  Or maybe will just take it completely out of Quicken.  I already maintain a buffer amount in my checking account that will more than pay any of the Macy's monthly payments, which are set to automatically be withdrawn from that checking account.

BTW I'm still seeing "sync errors" reported that seem to be from the QCS system, like:
    "I download and get no errors, but no transactions download."
    "The online balance/date isn't up to date after I download my transactions, even though I do get transactions.  I have to do Update Now from the account to get the online balance/date to update."
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I just updated to R33.19 and sure enough hidden hot key for switching between QCS and FDS is gone.
    But I notice that my one Express Web Connect account (Macy's credit card) is in fact still in FDS mode for now.
    You can tell by seeing that the gold key icon on the One Step Update settings dialog is not there or by looking at the OFX log (Help -> Log Files... -> OFX Log).  QCS reports its activity in the Cloud Sync Log.

If you aren't in FDS mode you can probably install the last patch and then do it.  But this is definitely going to be temporary.  Plan accordingly.
    Quicken Patches - QuicknPerlWiz
    Signature: