Seems like version R33.19 causes my calendar to freeze

ddecross
ddecross Member ✭✭
I just applied the latest Quicken Patch (Version R33.19, Build 27.1.33.19) for my Windows 10 home. After applying the patch whenever I move around in the calendar my Quicken freezes up. I have gotten out and back into Quicken and I have rebooted my computer. Problem still exists. Calendar will come up, but when I move from one month to the next I freeze. Any thoughts.

Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ddecross

Thank you for sharing the details of your experience with the community, although I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration experienced.

I installed the R33.19 build and attempted to replicate the 'freeze' described here, but so far I have been unsuccessful.

May I ask, which calendar view are you working with?  There are multiple views and I'd like to be sure I'm testing the correct area of the product.  

Are you accessing the calendar from the Home page?  The Tools > Calendar option?  Or in the Bills & Income tab > Calendar view?  Or perhaps the calendar in the Tools > Manage Bill and Income Reminders?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • ddecross
    ddecross Member ✭✭
    Hi Sarah, thank you for working on this. This was working yesterday. I applied the patch to build 27.1.33.19 and my troubles started. Note that you need to use the arrows and move the calendar forward and back a few months to get it to freeze. The calendar I am using has been set into my Customized Toolbar. When setting it up I went into Customize Toolbar and selected the calendar that was available in the Available toolbar buttons. I get the same calendar and same behavior when I press ctrl-k to bring the calendar up.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddecross said:   I applied the patch to build 27.1.33.19 and my troubles started.
    Have you totally shutdown & rebooted Windows since the install of R33.19 ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• ddecross
    ddecross Member ✭✭
    Yes, 2 times.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ddecross

Thank you for the response and the additional details. I am unable to recreate this issue. When viewing the calendar, approximately how many reminders are displayed?

Also, can you please confirm the location of your data file? Storing an active file in a cloud or network drive can cause behavior you have described. Please let me know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • ddecross
    ddecross Member ✭✭
    For the number of reminders. I am running 4 different accounts, 2 savings and 2 checking. For all 4 I have about 41 reminders set. The data file *.QDF is running in my users/aa/documents/quicken folder. I do back it up onto my Microsoft cloud.
  • ddecross
    ddecross Member ✭✭
    Thank you for working on this with me. It ended up being a corrupted file. I reset to a recent backup and the problem went away. It took a while to get to this point. I really appreciated Tec Support. They fixed this problem and cleaned up another.
This discussion has been closed.