Capital One Credit Card Accounts not pulling transactions

Using R32.12 Build 27.1.32.12 on Windows 10 Enterprise

Since about 4/9/21 my Capital One Credit Card accounts are not downloading transactions. I've deactivated the accounts, reset the accounts and all the usual troubleshooting, yet they still don't download transactions during One Step Update.

In deactivating them, I did add them as new accounts at one time, and while the online balance looked correct, there were no transactions download (it said it downloaded only 1 days worth)...

Best Answer

• Quicken_Julio
    Quicken_Julio Employee, Windows Beta, Mac Beta, Canada Beta mod
    Answer ✓
    Hi @shusak,

Thanks for taking the time to post to our Community.

Are you receiving any specific error code or messaging after your attempt to update your Capital One accounts?

I would like for you to try something: First, create a backup of your Data File by going up to File > Backup and Restore > Back up Quicken File.

Then, I would suggest deactivating all of your Capital One accounts > deleting the Financial Institution Name and Account Number in the upper right-hand corner of the General tab in Account Details.

Next, perform a Validate & Repair by going up to Tools > File Operations > Validate & Repair > check the box for Validate File > OK. Close and relaunch Quicken.

Finally, go up to Tools > Add Account > select Capital One > enter your online banking credentials > carefully change the Add to Quicken dropdown to Link to Existing Account  and choose the correlating account in your data file.

Feel free to respond to this thread with any further questions or concerns.
    Best,
    JV

Answers

• Quicken_Julio
    Quicken_Julio Employee, Windows Beta, Mac Beta, Canada Beta mod
    Answer ✓
    Hi @shusak,

Thanks for taking the time to post to our Community.

Are you receiving any specific error code or messaging after your attempt to update your Capital One accounts?

I would like for you to try something: First, create a backup of your Data File by going up to File > Backup and Restore > Back up Quicken File.

Then, I would suggest deactivating all of your Capital One accounts > deleting the Financial Institution Name and Account Number in the upper right-hand corner of the General tab in Account Details.

Next, perform a Validate & Repair by going up to Tools > File Operations > Validate & Repair > check the box for Validate File > OK. Close and relaunch Quicken.

Finally, go up to Tools > Add Account > select Capital One > enter your online banking credentials > carefully change the Add to Quicken dropdown to Link to Existing Account  and choose the correlating account in your data file.

Feel free to respond to this thread with any further questions or concerns.
    Best,
    JV
  • scrimc
    scrimc Member ✭✭
    I was having this same issue and did the steps you mentioned about.  I am now getting an error that says The referenced resource (parameter=id, id=234504359671672580) has been deleted.

It added one transaction from 2/2/2021 (a payment) but nothing since then.  Anything else I can do?
  • scrimc
    scrimc Member ✭✭
    I was able to get mine working after searching how to fix the parameter error issue. I am set for now!
  • shusak
    shusak Member ✭✭
    Thanks Quicken Julio - your steps fixed my issue.
  • Brian Hargreaves
    Brian Hargreaves Member ✭✭
    Followed your steps Julio - still getting the connections error to Capital One (it's not you it's me error - try later). Capital One has changed most of my accounts to Capital One 360. Since they changed - it has been a mess. At one point I did get the "reset account" to work. It pulled in transactions from my "new" account (they kept all the same account numbers), but it was missing some from my "old" account. (I added them manually). They also threw in some opening balance amount on the account that I had to modify to get it to equal the balance between Quicken and the bank. For the last couple of days, it pulls in nothing - and when I check the log, I had the cccapture350 error. Following your steps - all went fin, until I tried to add an account. I can't get to the point to enter my Cap One UN and PW, just the try again later box. On R33.24 Build 27.1.33.24 Windows 10 enterprise.

Anyone else having issues getting Cap One to add accounts (or download transactions?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Brian Hargreaves

Thank you for the response and for providing more details.

An "It's not your fault" error can have several underlying issues. With this error, it is best to contact support directly for a review of the log files to determine the root cause.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

When contacting support, be sure to let me know how long you have been receiving this error.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~