depreciation using a tag

Options
wtcubar
wtcubar Member ✭✭
Farm/ranch business
i have a bobcat tractor i bought 4 new tires on one bill for cost of A and i had service work done to fix various issues for cost of B at heggen equipment which im going to pay in 3 installments. So i created a AP account and filled in the info in the bill form and made one payment. Each line item in the service bill category is set to farm->bobcat->service. The tire build cat is farm->bobcat->parts

i have a bussiness tag of wtcubar description My Farm/Ranch

I created a tag Bobcat Dep which i was going to tag to the tire bill and the bill in the AP
There is no entry option in the ap to set this tag.

the only solution i see is
create a cat Bobcact->dep5-6-21 and set every transaction to this cat and do use a tag. is there other ways to keep track of the totals of A and B

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @wtcubar

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question although, I apologize that you have not received a response. 

One option would be to use a liability account instead of accounts payable. A liability account can be designated as a business account and can use tags.

The only caveat is that an AP account cannot be changed into a liability account, so a new account will need to be created and the information entered into the new account.

I hope this helps, please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.