Problems after 33.19

Options
oldngrmpy1
oldngrmpy1 Member ✭✭✭✭
 Problems since I installed 33.19
1) When going to download transactions, I was required to download 33.19. Downloaded them, balances updated, but no downloads to accept. Went to FI website and they showed cleared on their part and listed 4 transactions. Looked at my register and saw that my dare registers were set form 1/1/2020 to current. As soon as I changed the from date back to all the transactions showed up to accept, did and all was fine.

2) First I want to say that this problem could be blamed on me for trying to do something that I should have know better with ... My Bad! However, the program should not have allowed me to do it! Splits.. did a search for specific categories and it gave me a list of splits. I marked them, went to edit, edit payees (which I should not have been allowed to do) tried to change the payees in the splits.. it started, went a long time, then stopped. I looked at the splits and every line starting on line 6 (I had 5 lines of splits) every box in all rest of the 29 lines had corruption garbage in them. I could not change or delete so I just did a restore back up. No I didn't notify support.[Removed-Disruptive/Unhelpful]

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    We are not required to download R33.19.  You chose to download and install the staged release.  If you haven't already, I suggest you set the Windows UAC settings to Always Notify or Default.

Why shouldn't Quicken allow us to set a date range in a register view?
    Why shouldn't Quicken allow us to edit payees?

I don't know what caused the corruption but the most reliable way to recover is to restore good backup.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    We are not required to download R33.19.  You chose to download and install the staged release.  If you haven't already, I suggest you set the Windows UAC settings to Always Notify or Default.

Why shouldn't Quicken allow us to set a date range in a register view?
    Why shouldn't Quicken allow us to edit payees?

I don't know what caused the corruption but the most reliable way to recover is to restore good backup.

• oldngrmpy1
    oldngrmpy1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Forgot all about it! Thanks
This discussion has been closed.