Some downloaded transactions don't appear in Quicken

ajpodge
ajpodge Member ✭✭
Hi, I am running Quicken Mac (subscription, up-to-date) and my primary bank only allows Web Connect. I download the QFX file, but when I import that into Quicken some transactions don't appear. This problem started several months ago only with ATM withdrawals, but now has expanded to some other automated regular withdrawals to a 529 account. At first I thought my bank was somehow not exporting those transactions, but now I have opened up the QFX file in TextEdit and I see that all of the transactions are there. They also have unique FITID numbers. Does anyone know if this is a Quicken problem not interpreting correctly or my bank not formatting the QFX correctly? And how can I make it work beyond manually entering these transactions? Is there some edit to the QFX file I can do before importing?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ajpodge,

The problem that you are having could be caused by the FITID numbers.  I think it is likely that the the downloads are repeating FITID numbers that are already assigned to older transactions in your register(s), and that is why the new ones are not downloading.  To fix this, you can edit the number (or otherwise change/remove it) from the QFX file prior to importing it.  You might want to backup your data file before you try this, just in case you aren't happy with the results.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• ajpodge
    ajpodge Member ✭✭
    Thanks @Frankx for the suggestion. I checked and the FITID's are pretty simple YYYYMMDDX where X is just incrementing from 1 on up. So that suggests it's not likely to be repeating an FITID that has been assigned to an older transaction. I did also try changing the FITID for a transaction in the file and reimporting, but that had no effect. :/

ajpodge
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Hi again @ajpodge,

Do you have a lot of transactions going through the account?  Since the "X' increments as a single digit, the tenth transaction (on the same date) will be a duplicate and will not be imported.  Could that be the problem?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you have changed that FITID and it had no effect (didn't import transaction) I would suspect the problem is something else, like maybe a syntax error.  Unfortunately I don't know enough about how Quicken Mac logs this to give detailed instructions to check the logs.  There might be something in the OFX log.

If you give the transaction in a comment I might be able to see if there is some kind of error I can detect in it.
    BTW what is the financial institution?
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.