Check alignment wrong for 2nd, 3rd checks

jg70124
jg70124 Member ✭✭
Recently moved Quicken to a new computer. Same printer driver, same Windows version, same Quicken version, same Quicken file. I use 3 to a page wallet checks. On the old computer, I could find an alignment that would print all 3 checks correctly. On the new computer, if I align the top check correctly, the bottom 2 are incorrect - both print too high. And it's cumulative - the middle check is a little too high, the bottom check is much too high.

Is there any way to put in different alignment values for each check on the page?

Any other ideas?

Best Answer

• jg70124
    jg70124 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓
    The setups appeared to be the same... but upon further inspection, it turns out that Windows on the new PC had switched the port for the network-attached printer from TCP/IP to WSD. Once I switched it back, the checks printed exactly the same.

(A few threads around the Internet about Windows unexpectedly manhandling printer ports this way...)

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the new computer, what are you using at the "Check Setup"?  FILE,  Printer Setup, For printing checks.
    Make sure that such agrees with what's on your old computer.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jg70124
    jg70124 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓
    The setups appeared to be the same... but upon further inspection, it turns out that Windows on the new PC had switched the port for the network-attached printer from TCP/IP to WSD. Once I switched it back, the checks printed exactly the same.

(A few threads around the Internet about Windows unexpectedly manhandling printer ports this way...)
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jg70124 Thanks for the add'l info  re: WSD

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Berklee
    Berklee Member ✭✭
    @jg70124 I have experienced identical problem as you on my Brother HL-L6200DW printer. Initially it was working but after driver update, I started seeing shifting alignment.
    My post... https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7895133/progressive-loss-of-printer-alignment-across-2nd-and-3rd-check

My printer has the WSD port assigned to the driver. I tried to switch to TCP-IP port, and established connection with the printer but when I attempt to print a test page, the printer just keeps feeding pages and has to be reset. So I cannot switch to TCP-IP.

I put in a ticket with Quicken, as I expect this problem will be more common and the workaround did not solve my problem.
This discussion has been closed.