Quicken one step update will not complete

Rssr53
Rssr53 Member ✭✭
Since I install the last update the one step update does not complete. I tried signing on as a different user, reinstalling quicken, and resetting the accounts that are not being updated but nothing has worked. I have to force the app to close (ctrl, alt, del) just to get out of Quicken.

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello @Rssr53

Thank you for the update and letting us know exactly what happens. I'm wondering here if we might need to reset the cloud as it sounds like it might be getting stuck while updating. Lets try seeing if we are able to update by turning the sync off then attempting the OSU. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so.
    1. Go to Edit Preferences Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts.
    2. Click the Sync Slider and set it to off
    Once you've had a chance to try this see if you're able to complete the OSU without it freezing afterwards. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Rssr53

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

If you have not done so already, I would start by resetting the Quicken cloud. 

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web 

2. Click Reset your cloud data. 

Please let me know if this resolves the error. 

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Rssr53
    Rssr53 Member ✭✭
    Thanks but this did not work. For some reason 4 of my 10 accounts still show "processing data" and never complete the update. Also the cloud sync freezes at 96% complete.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello @Rssr53

Thank you for the update and letting us know exactly what happens. I'm wondering here if we might need to reset the cloud as it sounds like it might be getting stuck while updating. Lets try seeing if we are able to update by turning the sync off then attempting the OSU. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so.
    1. Go to Edit Preferences Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts.
    2. Click the Sync Slider and set it to off
    Once you've had a chance to try this see if you're able to complete the OSU without it freezing afterwards. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Rssr53
    Rssr53 Member ✭✭
    I did a reset of the cloud earlier today based on Tyka recommendation and responded with these results:

"Thanks but this did not work. For some reason 4 of my 10 accounts still show "processing data" and never complete the update. Also the cloud sync freezes at 96% complete."
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    @Rssr53 You did not follow the directions given by @Quicken Francisco. Turn the Sync Toggle OFF as directed.  Before tuning it off I would also disable all of your accounts in the Mobile tab from syncing so you see zero accounts enabled for sync. Then go and turn off the toggle as directed.
  • pruppel
    pruppel Unconfirmed ✭✭
    I incurred the same problem.  Turning off Sync worked.
    DbqAz
  • pruppel
    pruppel Unconfirmed ✭✭
    must b e some quirk if more than one of us had the problem.
    DbqAz
This discussion has been closed.