When I run a Business P&L report, there are no results.

All the accounts are turned on. If I run a regular cash flow report, I see all the data. But nothing shows for the business report. And i do have accounts under the business area.

Best Answer

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    For ANY transaction to be included on a Business report, the category of that transaction MUST be assigned a business type tax line.  If no tax line is assigned, then the transaction is Personal.
    To assign a Tax line to a category, do TOOLS, Category List, click the category you want to change, click the very faint clock icon to the far right (in the Action column) click EDIT and scroll around to find the Tax line that you want for the particular category.  Repeat as needed.
    If you pull out your IRS Form 1040 from the prior year, it should help you both in finding the tax forms that you need and the specific tax lines from those forms so that you can make an appropriate selection in Q.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• Quicken Diana
    Quicken Diana Alumni mod

Hello@joedisanto

Thank you for posting in the Community today though I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue with the P&L report. The issue may be with the date selected on the report or possibly the selection for CASH or ACCRUAL basis as explained in THIS ARTICLE. Please check these variables and let us know if you were able to solve the problem!

Thank you

Quicken Diana

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    For ANY transaction to be included on a Business report, the category of that transaction MUST be assigned a business type tax line.  If no tax line is assigned, then the transaction is Personal.
    To assign a Tax line to a category, do TOOLS, Category List, click the category you want to change, click the very faint clock icon to the far right (in the Action column) click EDIT and scroll around to find the Tax line that you want for the particular category.  Repeat as needed.
    If you pull out your IRS Form 1040 from the prior year, it should help you both in finding the tax forms that you need and the specific tax lines from those forms so that you can make an appropriate selection in Q.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• joedisanto
    joedisanto Member ✭✭
    awesome. makes sense. thx.
This discussion has been closed.