Is it possible to use days of the week instead of a date in Bill and Income Reminders

I have a bill that is automatically paid every Tuesday and Thursday. How do I indicate that in Bill and Income Reminders?

Best Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @Caryl

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. You should be able to do this by changing the reminder to a weekly but you would also need to make a second reminder for each day since there is not option to pay twice a week. You should be able to do so by making one reminder on Tuesday and one on Thursday.  This should work for your needs. If you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You certainly can indicate a day of the week for payments:

If the same payee is getting paid twice a week I'd set that up as two payees, one paid Tuesday, one paid Thursday, using very slight differences in the payee's name.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Tom Young said:
    If the same payee is getting paid twice a week I'd set that up as two payees, one paid Tuesday, one paid Thursday, using very slight differences in the payee's name.
    Why introduce slight differences in the payee's name? Multiple reminders to the same payee work fine.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓

Hello @Caryl

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. You should be able to do this by changing the reminder to a weekly but you would also need to make a second reminder for each day since there is not option to pay twice a week. You should be able to do so by making one reminder on Tuesday and one on Thursday.  This should work for your needs. If you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You certainly can indicate a day of the week for payments:

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Tom Young said:
    Why introduce slight differences in the payee's name? Multiple reminders to the same payee work fine.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Young said:

That's so you don't confuse one with the other, e.g.,
    Lottery Tickets {Tue}
    Lottery Tickets {Thu}
  • Caryl
    Caryl Member ✭✭
    Thank you. This is exactly the information that I needed.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @Caryl

Glad to hear the solutions worked for you! If you run into any issues please let us know and we'll take another look!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.