Bank of the West Connection Method

I received a message telling me that Bank of the West (BOW) has changed their connection method and I need to deactivate and reactivate my accounts for "Direct Connect". However, after doing that several times, Quicken insists on activating via a web instead of a direct connect. I have attempted a reset on the account but with the same results.

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Try this. After deactivating select the + icon on the Account Bar to start Add Account.
    Type in Bank of the West and select it, and then Advanced Options

Now you can select Direct Connect and continue from there.
    Make sure that you link to the existing account instead of creating a new account when you get to the dialog with your online accounts showing.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much detail was in the message you received? Did it detail the exact steps to follow?
    If not, you need to deactivate all accounts with this bank using the same bank logon ID, including any old, long closed, hidden and forgotten accounts that might still be activated. If you miss one, the aggregation server involved in handling Express Web Connect - connected accounts will not start with a clean slate and you will continue to have problems.
    When done deactivating all accounts, restart Quicken and reactivate accounts. To do so, use the Tools / Add Accounts process. When you  see a list of all accounts found at your bank that you can activate, make sure the dropdown button for that account says LINK. If it says ADD, change it to LINK and select the correct Quicken account.  If it already says LINK, click the button and select the correct existing account register from a popup. If you do not do this, then the account will be added as a new account instead of being linked to the existing account register.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Try this. After deactivating select the + icon on the Account Bar to start Add Account.
    Type in Bank of the West and select it, and then Advanced Options

Now you can select Direct Connect and continue from there.
    Make sure that you link to the existing account instead of creating a new account when you get to the dialog with your online accounts showing.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/