Why do my rental reports differ

tomwklose
tomwklose Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I have been trying to verify the correct information for my CPA. With one set of cash flow reports (rental property) I have several categories that differ in amounts from the cash flow report found in the banking section. For example, I purchased a property last year (2020) and none of the cost appear in the banking cash flow report (rental expense section), yet in the rental report it does. Why are then not picking up the correct categories?
Quicken Windows Ver. R33.19 Build 27.1.33.19 on Windows

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you running the built-in banking cash flow report, or is it a report that you have customized and saved?  If it is a saved report, check the accounts and categories to see if newly created ones are included in the report.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • tomwklose
    tomwklose Member ✭✭
    Jim, Thank you for your response. These are the built in reports. They should produce the same results and not have variances. I know the reason; one report contains additional categories than the other one. That is my question...standard reports should always have the same information. Especially, concerning rental income and expenses.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Br default and apparently by design, the Banking cash flow report only includes banking accounts - checking, savings, and credit cards. If you want to include other accounts, you must customize it to add them.

Other Quicken reports work the same way. For example the Tax reports do not include accounts that you have marked Tax deferred.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.