Anyone else having a problem with one step update and sync not working correctly with last update?

bjweitz1
bjweitz1 Member
One step update and sync to cloud are hanging up since the new update yesterday. Any suggestions for a solution?

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @AnnaO

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

With the amount of time you've been experiencing issues it's difficult to say what exactly is causing the issue you're having, as such we would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. They'll be able to collect logs if needed to diagnose what's causing you to not be able to connect to the FI's you've listed. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• AnnaO
    AnnaO Member ✭✭
    For the last several months Quicken does not download transactions properly and I have to manually go to each bank to update one account at a time. I posted about this issue before, and someone from Quicken responded, but no improvement has been made. This week, I had to manually download each account from: Wells Fargo, Chase and Citi. First, the One Step Update brought nothing from these institutions(no error message, just crickets). Then I attempted the Update Now option from each bank - still no transactions showed up. I finally had to go to each bank's website and manually update one by one each account. Quicken is failing badly on the main reason to use it - keep the transactions current.
  • AnnaO
    AnnaO Member ✭✭
    yes, I have had problems with one state update as well as with update now. Randomly recent transactions do not download from several institutions. This week it was Chase, Wells Fargo and Citi.
  • Bob K.
    Bob K. Member ✭✭✭
    I have been having the same problem recently. First it was Vanguard, then Schwab, and now it is Vanguard again. I have found that deactivating the on-line link and then reactivating it has corrected the situation but it is becoming a real pain to have to keep doing it. Hopefully Quicken will make it a more reliable system.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you Syncing to Mobile/Web?
    AND do you use the Mobile app on your smartphone or the Quicken on the Web feature?

If you answer "no" to both, turn Sync off completely. You don't need it. The Sync process should only be used in conjunction with the Quicken app for Smartphones or the Quicken on the Web browser app. It cannot be used as a replacement for backing up and restoring your Quicken data file.

If "yes", try to Reset Sync so that the current cloud sync file is replaced with a fresh complete copy
    Do note that a full Sync process may take many minutes to complete.

Log out of your mobile app, then do this on your desktop / laptop:

How to reset Sync to Cloud

• Go to Edit / Preferences / Mobile and Web
    • Click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.

How to turn off Sync to Cloud for the current data file

• Go to Edit / Preferences / Mobile and Web
    • Change the Sync radio button and set it to OFF

• AnnaO
    AnnaO Member ✭✭
    > @AnnaO said:
    > For the last several months Quicken does not download transactions properly and I have to manually go to each bank to update one account at a time. I posted about this issue before, and someone from Quicken responded, but no improvement has been made. This week, I had to manually download each account from: Wells Fargo, Chase and Citi. First, the One Step Update brought nothing from these institutions(no error message, just crickets). Then I attempted the Update Now option from each bank - still no transactions showed up. I finally had to go to each bank's website and manually update one by one each account. Quicken is failing badly on the main reason to use it - keep the transactions current.

Now it's 11 days later, new version of Quicken just updated and my one step update still does not upload Wells fargo, Citi and Chase transactions. No response from Quicken, even though I wrote them about this issue.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @AnnaO

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

With the amount of time you've been experiencing issues it's difficult to say what exactly is causing the issue you're having, as such we would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. They'll be able to collect logs if needed to diagnose what's causing you to not be able to connect to the FI's you've listed. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• Jan Morrison
    Jan Morrison Member
    I have not been able to download transactions from any of my accounts at American Express, WellsFargo, or Chase since Tuesday. The first error messages were for Wells Fargo and said I had no accounts with a non zero balance. I have not updated Quicken recently. I have deactivated/reset all my accounts, I signed out of Quicken and back in. One Step Update now appears to be working, but it doesn't download anything and the Update Summary just shows my Chase account with no transactions downloaded. I depend on this option. Help!
  • ChunkyMouse
    ChunkyMouse Member
    My current balances do not update and my reconciliation says there is nothing to update whether I do one-step or account by account. What now?
  • LizinNC
    LizinNC Member
    I am also having this issue and I do not, have never, used sync or cloud or mobile. Quicken started this all on its own. It is incredibly frustrating not to be able to download updates or stock quotes without losing half my data.
This discussion has been closed.