Quicken isn't completing its updates

When I initiate an update from Quicken, it stalls in an infinite "Do Loop" and never completes the download/updates. The spiraling cursor simply spins and blinks. When I attempt to accept downloaded transactions, I'm intermittently successful. Some of my accounts have not been updated for months.

When I download transactions from bank/credit union websites, the transactions usually download successfully. In the case of my credit union, my personal and business CCs sometimes get downloaded to the wrong account even though I'm very careful to select the correct linked account in Quicken.

I've tried File Repair & Validate several times, but it hasn't cured the problem.

Help! Do you have any suggestions as to what I can do?

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @JamesPaul4130

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue although, I apologize that you have not received a response. 

I would recommend signing out and signing back into the Quicken program. To do this, please follow the steps below.  

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts  

2. Click sign in as a different user  

3. Type "yes" to sign out  

4. Sign back in using your existing Quicken ID  

Once this has been completed, please attempt to update once more and let us know the results.  

-Quicken Tyka  

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @JamesPaul4130

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue although, I apologize that you have not received a response. 

I would recommend signing out and signing back into the Quicken program. To do this, please follow the steps below.  

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts  

2. Click sign in as a different user  

3. Type "yes" to sign out  

4. Sign back in using your existing Quicken ID  

Once this has been completed, please attempt to update once more and let us know the results.  

-Quicken Tyka  

~~~***~~~
  • Joe Fiore
    Joe Fiore Member
    Like a charm on this one issue