One Step Update & "Improved" Cloud Service

Options
Dezran
Dezran Member ✭✭
First, let me say... Coming here to report issues or ask for help is becoming a regular event lately. It really shouldn't be necessary for a piece of software handling my financial information... It is starting to undermine my confidence that you can produce functional software.

I have some quirky issues with this "Improved" Cloud Service... I must use quotes in that because I simply cannot see any improvements in this "Improved" Cloud Service.
First off, EVERY SINGLE TIME I do an OSU, I get the message telling me that syncing to the "Improved" Cloud Service is a one-time process... Since I run an OSU a couple of times a day, it's been a "one-time process" over 20 times now...
Also, and admittedly, I can't confirm if this is related, but it started at the same time. One of my credit card accounts shows it has new transactions... every single time I update... I haven't used the card since last month, and it doesn't actually have any new transactions. It just shows the red checkmark saying that it does. As soon as I click on the account, the checkmark disappears... But WHY is this happening... And before you ask, yes, I've closed and re-opened the software and (for unrelated reasons) rebooted my tower 5 or 6 times.

[Removed - Rant]

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You might try logging out and back in and if you are using Sync to Mobile/Web reset your cloud data.
    Edit -> Preferences -> Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts -> Sign in as a different user
    Edit -> Preferences -> Mobile & Web ->Reset your cloud data

On the subject of testing and such.  I know that when you are having a problem it seems like there couldn't be any testing being done.  But in fact there is both testing done at Quicken Inc and there is a beta program, not to mention they do a staged release (which is something like a thousand users), and when it is in final release there are "thousands" of "testers" (called customers).   What's more even though this given problem has been reported in the past on this forum (or at least something that sounds like it) is certainly not something that everyone is seeing, only very few people have reported it.

I will certainly agree that the "Improved Cloud Services" have been causing lots of different problems, but in my opinion it isn't really do to the lack of testing, it is more the nature of the services that they are providing aren't reliable, and in some cases they haven't thought out all the possible ramifications, and it is an extremely complex system they have built, and prone to failure.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Dezran
    Dezran Member ✭✭
    Options
    Look, I get it. I'm a server admin and programmer, and I've spent a lot of time in alpha/beta testing. Game testing used to be a hobby for me.
    I'm just, as I said, sick and tired of having some new issue every couple months that I either have to spend a few hours trying to figure out or simply learn to live with. I'm still dealing with some issues from the last major changes they made, and now, I've got a whole new set of them showing up that I either have to solve or get used to. And I'm tired of having to just get used to issues they're not fixing before pushing out new issues to software I'm paying a yearly subscription for.
    It's frustrating to have to spend so much time every couple months fixing or finding workarounds for problems. I've still got a 401k account that started flaking out every few weeks on every OSU after one of last year's big updates. I've just learned that every few weeks I have to force an update or do an account reset on it to fix it.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I definitely understand the frustration.  To me as a long time user of Quicken I find it to be process of "what can't I use without problems" more than "what nice features in Quicken can I use.".

It is quite sad.  Currently have what works for me and is pretty trouble free, but it certainly hasn't been easy understanding "what to avoid" not to mention I certainly get that I personally have a very simple financial life and thereby tailor the financial institutions I connect to and the features that I might need from Quicken.

I wish I could say something different, but it is sort like Einstein's definition of insanity.  If I see something (Quicken, Quicken Inc, the financial institutions, ...) working a certain way for years I don't expect it to change in the near future.  If you look at most of the "new features" Quicken Inc has added to Quicken for several years now you will see a definite trend.  Online Services.  Whether that is an unrealizable bill presentment/payment system or a "sync to the cloud", they definitely have the belief that to "make money you have to give the users what they ask for, even if the system you create isn't reliable.".
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Dezran
    Dezran Member ✭✭
    Options
    Ah yes... Semi-new quirk after last week's update...
    Didn't think much about it when it first happened, but it just happened again...
    It's pulling a single random transaction from months ago during an OSU. This morning it pulled a transaction as a new transaction from my checking account dated April 10th of this year. This actually started after a previous update from a few months ago, but surprisingly stopped after another update.
This discussion has been closed.