Category not working with Accounts Payable

I've entered the lawyers invoice into Accounts Payable and used the category to assign the amount. Also I entered the appropriate business tag. The invoice has been paid, but when I run my business reports, none of these invoiced amounts are showing up.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe any "business" Category has to be mapped to a specific line item in Schedule C for that Category to appear on reports.  Is the Category you used assigned to a Schedule C line item?
  • R Hoeffner
    R Hoeffner Member
    Yes it is. Since the account was my lawyer and each invoice is paying for services for different businesses, I've decided to remove it from A/P and make it appear as a credit card account so that the categories work and the tags can specify the amount of each.

Quicken really should handle multiple businesses better than it does. All 5 of my businesses are passthrough and 3 make no money at all - they are just shells to contain other assets, but they had start up costs last year. While I paid them personally because the business has and will never have income, the expenses will pass through to me, but I'd like them split out in a report so that I have that figure to file my Schedule C. I guess a calculator will have to do!

Thank you!
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't use the H&B product so this is just a guess.  An Accounts Payable Account has to go with a specific business, I'd think, so is there some "earmarking" of the AP Account itself as being associated with a particular business?  If that's the case, perhaps having a liability originate in an Account not associated with the business incurring the cost could explain this?
This discussion has been closed.