Investment market value is inconsistently displayed

Gorpus
Gorpus Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
I just upgraded (May 27) to Quicken (Mac) version 6.2.1. Now, when I display an account portfolio, the market value at the bottom of the "Market value" column (ie, the sum of the individual market values) does not agree with the market value displayed at the top of the window. The discrepancy is about 50% (ie, not small).

* I have not entered any financial activity since yesterday, before I upgraded.
* I have three brokerage accounts - the error only shows on one.
* I can restore from an old (pre-upgrade) backup, but then I lose my last few
days' activity - a pain.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Gorpus I wasn't aware a 6.2.1 version had been released int east few hours, but I see that it has. I don't know why your investment balance would be off as you describe, but in the meantime…

When you installed the upgrade, Quicken created a backup of your data file, and moved your Quicken application to the Trash. You should be able to move the application out of the Trash, and restore the backup file.  
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Gorpus
    Gorpus Member ✭✭
    Thanks for this. I hadn't appreciated that the previous version of Quicken still exists (in the trash). Before your reply, I simply restored from an old backup and re-entered the small number of missing transactions by hand. I don't trust my data to a single software entity, so I always have a redundant copy (in non-Quicken format).
  • jacobs
    Oops, I meant to add: I updated to 6.2.1 and I am not seeing the discrepancy in portfolio values you describe. In each of my accounts, as well as the groups for Brokerage, Retirement and Investing, the total in the upper right of the portfolio screen matches the sum of the Market Value columns below and the value in the left sidebar.
  • Gorpus
    Gorpus Member ✭✭
    Yes, it’s a mystery. I only saw the problem in one of my three brokerage accounts.
  • jacobs
    So are you back on version 6.2.0 currently, or did you let it update again -- and is the problem still with you or is it gone?
  • Gorpus
    Gorpus Member ✭✭
    I am still at 6.2.1. I never downgraded. Entering the last few days' transactions by hand seems to have avoided the upgrade problem. I don't know why.
This discussion has been closed.