The Reconcile Button on the bottom of the screen is grayed out & nonfuctional

Options
Diane620
Diane620 Member
I can't reconcile my checking account. The reconcile button at the bottom of the screen is grayed out and not working. What am I doing wrong. I was able to update the account and reconcile at the same time prior to this most recent version.
Tagged:

Answers

• Diane620
    Diane620 Member
    Options
    Ok. I figured this out. The button does not work. But if I go the pull down menu, click on Account, there's an option to reconcile the account there. It would be good if Quicken would make the button functional, or remove it altogether.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @Diane620 The reconcile button works correctly for me. The only time it's grayed out is if you click on one of the groups in the sidebar (e.g. Cash, Credit Card, Banking) instead of an individual account. (But if you've clicked on a group, the menu option for Reconcile will also be grayed out.)

Try clicking on different accounts in the sidebar and observing if the button is grayed out or not. Does it happen just on one account, or is it always grayed out for you?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Diane620
    Diane620 Member
    Options
    Oh! Thanks for your help. I see it now. My checking account is associated with a brokerage account. I was looking at it through "All Transactions." Hence, the button was grayed out. When I clicked on the specific account in the sidebar, I was being given the default "portfolio" view which made me think I that I couldn't select the account that way for reconciling. Turns out there's another tab called "transactions" and when I select that, lo and behold, the reconcile button is usable. Thanks so much for your help!
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Great! Glad it's sorted out now.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.