CC-555 Error: AMEX Bluebird Prepaid Card

According to an American Express representative, Quicken One Step updates are no longer supported for Bluebird prepaid card accounts.

Best Answer

• JimInStPete
    JimInStPete Member
    Answer ✓
    Amex Bluebird has discontinued providing automatic download of transactions via Quicken. Amex Bluebird option should not longer be provided as a Web Connect option for downloading transactions. I closed my Bluebird account as a result.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @JimInStPete

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue although, I apologize that you have not received a response.

When you perform a One Step Update in Quicken you may receive an error CC-555. This error indicates there is a connection issue between Quicken and your financial institution.  

This error message will be presented when the financial institution is blocking access to their servers, preventing Quicken from retrieving data to download to your file.

I do not have any details to provide on if the block is permanent or temporary. Several financial institutions have been periodically blocking traffic due to Covid relief payments.

I would recommend attempting to update every 48 hours to see if the block has been removed. I would also recommend contacting American Express and asking to speak to a supervisor to confirm that they are no longer supporting Quicken.

I hope this helps.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • JimInStPete
    JimInStPete Member
    Answer ✓
    Amex Bluebird has discontinued providing automatic download of transactions via Quicken. Amex Bluebird option should not longer be provided as a Web Connect option for downloading transactions. I closed my Bluebird account as a result.
This discussion has been closed.