Portfolio X-Ray Percentages Not Updating

Options
It didn't seem the X-Ray percentages were changing for a while now. So, to test, I added an entry to the register that SOLD a stock that's 8% of my portfolio. I closed Quicken and reopened, ran X-ray and I still get the same Stock % number as before the sale??! Why aren't the percentages being updated?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @ChicagoGuy

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your portfolio X-ray. I'm wondering here if it might not think you're connecting which could be the issue potentially. The first step we're able to take here is to try signing out and back in to see if we're able to fix the issue you're having. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @ChicagoGuy

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your portfolio X-ray. I'm wondering here if it might not think you're connecting which could be the issue potentially. The first step we're able to take here is to try signing out and back in to see if we're able to fix the issue you're having. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Make sure you click on Refresh X-Ray at the top of the screen and that the date and time to the right of that button are current.

Also I am not sure of the exact sequence, but I have had trouble getting the account and security selections to take effect. It appears that sometimes changing the selections causes an automatic refresh with the new settings and sometimes not.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • ChicagoGuy
    ChicagoGuy Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you both for your suggestions.

I tried Francisco's suggestion first (sign-out/sign-in) and it worked! Sign-out/Sign-in yielded different stock/bond percentages than the fixed numbers I was seeing before. Also, when I made a register entry to SELL a large stock holding, the X-Ray percentages change to reflect the updated percentages after the sale.

Again, thanks to both of you.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Options
    @Chicagoguy

Glad to hear signing in and out worked for you! if you do run into any more issues please let us know so we can take another look!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.