Bottom disappears from investment registers

Rocket J Squirrel
Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
When I click the triangle to close the footer at the bottom of investment registers, the entire footer disappears. It can be restored by switching to a different account and going back again. R33.24.
Before:
Same screen region after:

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    I'm seeing this on 2 different PCs. Is anyone else encountering this?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    I'm seeing the same behavior on R32.12 although the space isn't really empty.  The feature appears to provide us with two additional lines in the register (YMMV).  Switching away and back resolves the issue:

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Sherlock said:
    The feature appears to provide us with two additional lines in the register (YMMV).
    Thanks for confirming. I envy your optimistic nature. My nature says it's a bug.

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Another thing I've noticed. Perhaps I'm wrong about this (and I probably am), but it seems that the first lines of transactions have shifted to the right when clicked on, and there's no transaction edit button. I really can't recall if there ever was one, but the register just feels different.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What? The bottom fell out of my investments? Aaaaaahhhh!
    Humor aside, this does look like a bug to me, too.
    Closing the Downloaded Transactions tab area should not result in a blank area. It should show the title line of this area, together with the triangle at the left, so that we may click on either the triangle or the tab titles to reopen this area.
    And the register does feel different, indeed. It now uses the same font as your bank registers ... in case you missed the change notice.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello All,

Thank you for reporting this behavior to the community, I am also experiencing this in my personal data file and have opened a ticket with our team to investigate further and resolve.

At this time I do not have an ETA on when a solution will be available, however once one is, it will be made available in a future release.

In the meantime, the tabs can be restored by changing to a different register or screen in Quicken and then returning to the Investment account.

Thank you,

Sarah

(CTP-2198)
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    edited June 2021
    Here's another interesting bug which may be related. Clicking immediately below the vertical scroll bar in an investment register causes the register to scroll to the left, as if an invisible horizontal scroll bar were there. You have to find the right spot to make this happen, but again, there's no way to restore the proper view other than leaving and re-entering the register.
    [EDIT] Minimizing & restoring the application also refreshes the register properly.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Here's another interesting bug which may be related. Clicking immediately below the vertical scroll bar in an investment register causes the register to scroll to the left, as if an invisible horizontal scroll bar were there. You have to find the right spot to make this happen, but again, there's no way to restore the proper view other than leaving and re-entering the register.

I have updated to R33.24.

I can not reproduce the horizontal scroll issue.  

If the register is horizontally scrollable, there is scroll bar along the bottom of the register.  Where you indicate you are clicking, is the location of right arrow button of the horizontal scroll bar.  

• Rocket J Squirrel
    edited June 2021
    Sherlock said:
    I have updated to R33.24.

I can not reproduce the horizontal scroll issue.  

If the register is horizontally scrollable, there is scroll bar along the bottom of the register.  Where you indicate you are clicking, is the location of right arrow button of the horizontal scroll bar. 
    I can reproduce it on 2 PCs, in R33.24 and in another version of which I cannot speak. So I have submitted a BR for that latter version. You may have to mouse around to find the magic spot which causes the horizontal scrolling. It's a small area. If I narrow the window, the horizontal scroll bar appears with the > exactly at that spot. I can also provoke horizontal scrolling in both directions by dragging the pointer left and right in the area where the scroll bar would be if it were visible. I hypothesize that some code is setting the scroll bar's visibility to invisible but not properly deactivating it.

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm and repeat this behavior in 33.24, and when I do, the missing Enter/Edit/Delete buttons appear. The buttons are functional, but do not dismiss when moving to another transaction. The screen graphics do not display as they should and I need to close the register (move to another one) and return to get things back to normal.
This discussion has been closed.