Quicken error The transfer is to an account that no longer exists in Quicken. Account does exist

DBY
DBY Member ✭✭
I recorded withdraw transaction from investment to bank on May 17,2021. Now the transaction shows in bank, not the investment account. I get the above Quicken error

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @DBY

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community although, I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I have a few questions to help me understand what could be happening. At what point are you getting this error message? Are you entering a new transaction? Is the transaction missing from the brokerage account all together?

If you look at your accounts, are there any other transfers that seem incorrect? The more information you can provide the better able to assist the Community will be.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    DBY said:
    I recorded withdraw transaction from investment to bank on May 17,2021. Now the transaction shows in bank, not the investment account. I get the above Quicken error

How, exactly, did you record this transaction in Quicken?
    1. Manually, in the investment account register, as "Withdraw" with Category = [name of checking account] in square brackets
    2. Manually, in the investment account register, as "Cash transferred out of account" with Transfer account = [name of checking account]
    3. Manually, in the checking account, with Category = [name of investment account]
    4. I didn't do anything. I was expecting Quicken to make sense of downloaded transaction information and automagically create a correct transfer transaction.
    5. Other. Please explain.
    For best results, record transfer transactions manually, BEFORE you download bank transactions containing the transfer confirmations. That eliminates all possibilities for errors to occur during auto-accept of transactions.
  • DBY
    DBY Member ✭✭
    I recorded this withdrawal manually from the investment account to the bank account, with the confirmation number from the investment account on the date of the withdrawal, May 17, 2021.
    My bank account (in Quicken) displays the withdrawal from the investment account [In brackets]. The transaction was recorded prior to downloading bank transaction.
    The bank account has now been reconciled. I am considering deleting the reconciled transaction and re-entering the transaction. Do you foresee any problem.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @DBY

You should be ok to delete the reconciled transaction then reentering the transaction to see if you're able to fix the issue you're having. If it does give you issues you should be able to go across the top to edit > transaction > undo delete if it does not work to bring back the original transaction. 

Please let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.