US bank download probelms

Options
started having problems with not getting any updates from usbank. researched a little bit and it seems people had intermittent problems that resolved themselves after a short time. so i got on the usbank web site and did a manual download and that worked for a couple of days. now that doesn't work at. looked at both the qfx and csv files from usbank and they both appear to be empty. so this looks like it's a usbank problem. just wondering is anyone else is having this problem and have they found a workaround.

Best Answer

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Are you using Express Web Connect (which is free) or Direct Connect ($3.95/mo for ALL of your USB accounts).  You can do TOOLS, Account List and look in the "Transactions Download" column adjacent to your USB accounts to determine this.
    USB's implementation of EWC has ALWAYS been flaky, at best. 
    The problems that you describe are fairly typical.  I complained to USB about this issue for YEARS before I finally abandoned using EWC with them and switched to Direct Connect.  VOILA, the problems went away.
    You'll need to work with Tech Support at USB to make this happen ... but I consider $3.95 to be a trivial amount to pay for the reduction in aggravation.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Are you using Express Web Connect (which is free) or Direct Connect ($3.95/mo for ALL of your USB accounts).  You can do TOOLS, Account List and look in the "Transactions Download" column adjacent to your USB accounts to determine this.
    USB's implementation of EWC has ALWAYS been flaky, at best. 
    The problems that you describe are fairly typical.  I complained to USB about this issue for YEARS before I finally abandoned using EWC with them and switched to Direct Connect.  VOILA, the problems went away.
    You'll need to work with Tech Support at USB to make this happen ... but I consider $3.95 to be a trivial amount to pay for the reduction in aggravation.

• brucewol
    brucewol Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the info. the account is set to ewc. i got the download to work from the usb site by using the first date i had a new transaction in the date range. if i used an earlier date, nothing was downloaded. in my opinion, all computer services offered by usb are flaky.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @brucewol USB's implementation of Direct Connect works quite well. It's been a RARE occurrence, over the past 9 years, that I've had any problems with it.

This discussion has been closed.