Is there a way to create a reminder to negotiate a better rate when my contract expires?

My gas and cable companies provide me with contracts that have lower rates for a fixed term. When the contract expires and the rates go up, I don't always remember to contact them to negotiate a better rate. Is there a way in Quicken to create an alert or reminder that the contract is expiring in 30 days for example, so that I have sufficient time to contract them and get a better deal?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You may create an alert or a reminder in Quicken to indicate, for example, that contract is expiring in 30 days.

If you want to use an alert, you may use and Insurance reappraisal or Mortgage 
    reappraisal alert for this purpose: select Tools > Alert Center and Setup tab

If you want to use a reminder, you may use a manual bill reminder for this purpose: press Ctrl + J and select Add > Bill > Manual Bill
  • joeb545
    joeb545 Member
    Answer ✓
    Thanks. I used the Insurance reappraisal alert.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You may create an alert or a reminder in Quicken to indicate, for example, that contract is expiring in 30 days.

If you want to use an alert, you may use and Insurance reappraisal or Mortgage 
    reappraisal alert for this purpose: select Tools > Alert Center and Setup tab

If you want to use a reminder, you may use a manual bill reminder for this purpose: press Ctrl + J and select Add > Bill > Manual Bill
  • joeb545
    joeb545 Member
    Answer ✓
    Thanks. I used the Insurance reappraisal alert.
This discussion has been closed.