Paycheck Split getting wiped out

Options
Quicken Premier, Version R33.24, Build 27.1.33.24

Every time I update today, my historical paycheck entries wipe out all of the split details in my Quicken file.  I found a pretty recent backup, shut off mobile, since that seems to be a bit of an issue these days, updated again - same thing.

I find a lot of older conversations on this issue, but can someone outline what I need to do to STOP this from happening?  
Tagged:

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You should be able to access the paycheck transactions in the register as split transactions: open the register, select the transaction, and press Ctrl + Shift + S

Before restoring a Quicken file backup (or opening an earlier version of a Quicken file), I suggest deleting the Quicken Cloud dataset (aka cloud account) associated with the Quicken file.  Note: You need to open another Quicken file to delete the appropriate cloud account.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

The other Quicken file needs to have a distinct file identifier so that we may delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file.  For example, you may create a new Quicken file (select File > New Quicken File...) without any accounts, enable sync in preferences so you may view and delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file. 

This is necessary because when we open or restore an another version of the Quicken file with the same file identifier, Quicken is not resetting the cloud account appropriately at this time.  I hope they will let us know when they have addressed this issue, but for now before opening another Quicken file that has the same file identifier embedded, delete the cloud account.  

Note: Only File > New Quicken File... generates a distinct file identifier.  All other forms of creating a Quicken file, copy the embedded identifier from another file.
  • Camille43081
    Camille43081 Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options
    Sherlock said:
    You should be able to access the paycheck transactions in the register as split transactions: open the register, select the transaction, and press Ctrl + Shift + S
    Nope.  I have a "blank" Quicken file.  Opened it to delete the QDATA file on the Cloud/Web Preferences page associated with this file.  Exited Quicken.  Opened up last backup of the QDATA file that has my activity in it.  Did another update.  Splits are gone again.  Ctrl + Shift + S brings up split window, with one category - Salary.
  • Camille43081
    Options
    Apparently, this has been going on for quite some time and I did not notice.  Even my backups are all missing the split data.  I will keep working my way backward to find where it did this - any hint as to how far back I may need to go?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sherlock said:
    Nope.  I have a "blank" Quicken file.  Opened it to delete the QDATA file on the Cloud/Web Preferences page associated with this file.  Exited Quicken.  Opened up last backup of the QDATA file that has my activity in it.  Did another update.  Splits are gone again.  Ctrl + Shift + S brings up split window, with one category - Salary.
    Updating using the Express Web Connect connection method with QCS may be corrupting the paycheck transaction.
  • Camille43081
    Options
    Sherlock said:
    Updating using the Express Web Connect connection method with QCS may be corrupting the paycheck transaction.
    My bank is a Direct Connect account.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sherlock said:
    My bank is a Direct Connect account.
    Have you been matching the imported paycheck transaction to the paycheck transaction you entered with the paycheck reminder?
  • Camille43081
    Options
    Sherlock said:
    Have you been matching the imported paycheck transaction to the paycheck transaction you entered with the paycheck reminder?
    Yes.  I think I may have it fixed now, had to roll back to a May 17th backup to restore.  I wish they would fix the issues the Cloud/Web settings seem to have broken.
  • FlyerFran
    FlyerFran Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    In one of my data files, for no reason, the data for many of my stored paychecks is simply wiped out.  It's a random event and requires me to reenter all the data.  Is there a way to prevent this issue from happening?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you're signed up as a Quicken Beta Tester, shouldn't you be discussing this in the Beta Community? This way you might get a little better traction for your issue.
  • Kelly D
    Kelly D Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    In addition to the split detail missing, I have two issues for separate employer paycheck setup:
    (1) For Paycheck # 1 series, I need to update a line item in the paycheck setup reminder/scheduler. When I edit "this and all future instances" the application freezes/crashes. I am unable to save this entry. I have tried at least 5 times. It's not human error.
    (2) For Paycheck # 2 series, I updated the 'current entry' to deal with the $ 0.01 issue that occurs so that I could match it to a downloaded transaction. All future transactions were auto-deleted from my reminders.

[Removed -Speculation]
This discussion has been closed.