Prevent options transactions from downloading from fidelity

I have a fidelity account with lots of long positions on stocks/ETFs/mutual funds.

I also do a significant amount of day trading options.

I do not want the options transactions to download since matching them in the register takes too much time.

1. Can i prevent options trades from downloading ?

2. If that is not possible , if i disable account downloading for this fidelity account, is there some way i can manually download only the stock/etf/mutual fund transactions manually once a month and import into quicken ?

srk

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a Fidelity customer also ... and I'm not aware of anyway to prevent the download of your option trades.
    Also, Fidelity permits ONLY the Direct Connect method of download ... not "Web Connect" which is you're 2nd point.
    Sorry.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could open another Fidelity account, trade your options there, and not download that account.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• srkal
    srkal Member
    that would not work. since i need margin and if the account has low balance, then there will be a margin squeeze
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Day trading" at least suggests that all positions are closed out each day and not carried over to the next day.  If that's the case, maybe delete all "option" trades while they're still in the Downloaded Transactions window, then make one "generic" option entry in the transaction list that gets your day's gain/loss/cash properly stated?
  • srkal
    srkal Member
    This would work well. However the problem is that initially I have to get through the "matching security" window where i have to click on every transaction that i made that day, prior to getting to the "downloaded transactions" window where I then go to "edit multiple transactions". The edit multiple transactions takes very little time to delete all the transactions. However the "matching security" process where every transaction has to clicked individually and takes a while to load. Can i bypass the "matching security" process and somehow delete the downloaded transactions ?