Report Rounding Error

JerryD
JerryD Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
In running a Net Worth report I am finding that the total for Investments is off by $0.01which I assume is a rounding error. I did find a similar article that said to go to Edit -> Preferences, select Reports Only and change "Decimal place for prices and shares" to the desired precision (0-6). It had been set to 3, and I've tried setting it to 2 and 0, but the Net Worth report continues to be off by $0.01 as before. Exporting the report to Excel and using Excel to SUM values (which are all 2 decimals) confirms the error.
Can this be fixed? I am using Quicken Deluxe Version R33.24, Build 27.1.33.24 on Windows 10.
Thank you.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Off by 1 penny compared to what?
    And note that my brokerage, Fidelity, truncates fractional pennies while Q uses traditional 5/4 rounding ... so if the pennies on a single position agree, it's a coincidence.
    Sometimes I'll be off by 4 or 5 cents in the account with 15 positions.  SO, just remember: "DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF"

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• JerryD
    JerryD Member ✭✭
    I understand Banker's Rounding and all the other variants. That's not the issue. Even when exporting a Net Worth report to Excel, the math doesn't work. Kind of disconcerting when your bookkeeping app can't add!
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try expanding the digits to 6.  And you never answered by "compared to what" question.
    If you could post a snapshot, from Q, of the issue it would be helpful.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.