Credit Card Transactions Account

Annzy
Annzy Member ✭✭
On my credit card account it has Money In or Money Out 50-1000, etc. instead of having the months! How can I reset this?

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I'm sorry, I don't understand your question. "50-1000"? No months? Please explain.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Annzy
    Annzy Member ✭✭
    In the register, instead of having like transactions in order of each month, the date disappeared. Each section was replaced with money in 50-1000, etc. or money out 100-1000, etc. Really weird! Never seen this before.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you post a screen shot?  Are you looking in the account register?  What columns do you have at the top?  What is each section?  Sounds like a report not the account register.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Annzy
    Annzy Member ✭✭
    Trying to explain better: in the register: the (heading should read right now June 2021), then under it you have your transactions like 6/13/21 Amazon $50 misc. but the heading reads (Money In 100–1000) or (Money Out 50-500),etc. No transactions are in order according to date. Order details are according to how much money went in or out at anytime of the year. Crazy! My Bank account works correct and so does another credit card account, it is only one credit card account.
  • jacobs
    Wow, this doesn't sound anything like Quicken. Just to make certain: we're talking about Quicken for Mac, right? There is no heading in a register which would show June 2021. And I have no idea what you're describing as a heading that shows "Money In 100-1000".

Let's step back. What version of Quicken Mac are you running? (Under Quicken > About Quicken)

Next, click in the left sidebar on the name of your checking account. On the right side, you should see your transaction register, looking something like this (although the columns may be different):

You're saying it doesn't look like this. Could you post a screenshot of what your register looks like? 

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I'm gonna take a shot in the dark here. Sounds like some nonstandard terminology may be disguising a common question.

Is the problem that the register is sorted by Amount/Money In/Money Out instead of by Date? If so, the fix is simple: just click the word "Date" above the column of dates. Click it again to reverse the sort order.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you be using QuickBooks?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• jacobs
    RickO said:
    I'm gonna take a shot in the dark here... Is the problem that the register is sorted by Amount/Money In/Money Out instead of by Date?
    That was my first thought… but nothing in the description aligns. There is no place where the register would show the name of the current month. No register heading can show "Money In" or "Money Out". Nor values like "50-1000". It just sounds like a completely different program than Quicken Mac. 
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Hmmm, the Category Summary report has Money In and Money Out headings.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Annzy
    Annzy Member ✭✭
    Got it fixed! I deleted the credit card account then went to my MacBook and had it to re sync to my IPad to put the account back on. All fixed. Had to be a glitch. But thanks everyone!
  • jacobs
    RickO said:
    Hmmm, the Category Summary report has Money In and Money Out headings.
    Agreed, but the poster was describing a register, not a report.

And, apparently, was talking about the mobile app… which was never even mentioned. ;)

@Annzy  Glad you got it figured out. This forum can be a great source of help when you're having problems; just try to provide as much detail as you can so others here can point you in the right direction. :)

• Annzy
    Annzy Member ✭✭
    Guess I failed to say I was using Quicken for Mac online or on the Web that was messing up. I used my MacBook Quicken account to re sync to my IPad and use the Quicken on the Web. Had to be a glitch. Thanks!
  • Annzy
    Annzy Member ✭✭
    Quicken online does not give all the abilities you have with full Quicken for Mac on your Apple computer. Just a mobile version.
This discussion has been closed.