How can I get brokerage checking transactions to show up in “net income” reports?

msmensik
msmensik Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
It seems the only “accounts” that get picked up in net income report are my bank account and credit cards. However, most of my income transactions and many expense transactions are done through the checking account associated with my brokerage account. These transactions are not picked up in the mobile app “net income” monthly reports part of the program, so this part of the program is not very useful. Is there some way of allowing income and expense transactions realized via a checking account that is part of a brokerage account to show up in these net income reports"

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you use Quicken Mac or Quicken for Windows on your desktop / laptop computer?
    What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release of Quicken are you using?   US, Canadian or other country version? What is your subscription expiration date?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    If you're using Quicken for Windows, do you use a "linked Cash (Checking) account" together with your regular investment account?

• msmensik
    msmensik Member ✭✭
    Quicken Mac desktop; Version 6.2.1 (Build 602.38957.100) macOS 11.4; Premier; US$; expiration 10/xx/21.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Does the income show in a report you create using your desktop Quicken program? It should. Make sure you check the report set-up to be sure it includes All Accounts or the accounts you want included.

If it works correctly on the desktop Quicken Mac, but not on the mobile app, then I can't offer much help because I don't use the mobile app. You might want to post this question in the Quicken Mobile > Errors and Troubleshooting category of this forum.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • msmensik
    msmensik Member ✭✭
    Many thx. Actually, the report in the mobile app doesn't really have an equivalent in the desktop program, so your good suggestion is not something that I can do. I think I have to call Quicken help desk!
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    The mobile app is intended as a companion to the desktop Quicken Mac. I don't know if it will ever have the full reports capability of the desktop product. You may find for some things, you simply need to use desktop Quicken to get the data you want.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.