Importing payroll data from QuickBooks Online Payroll Core into Quicken

We have for many years used Intuit Online Payroll (IOP) and exported payroll data into Quicken.

IOP is being replaced with QuickBooks Online Payroll Core.  I have not yet made the conversion, but we are attempting to prepare.

Has anyone exported payroll data from QuickBooks Online Payroll Core into Quicken?

There is a reference on the Quickbooks site to IIF files.  Can Quicken accept those?

Thanks,

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The only format of files Quicken will accept for importing transactions are QXF and QIF.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • solostorm
    solostorm Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Chris-

Have you any knowledge of the exporting of payroll data from QuickBooks Online Payroll Core into Quicken?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    EDIT reference to "old importing".
    No I don't know about that.  From the posts I have seen the export/import was in QIF format (the old posts would be talking about whatever payroll system people were using).
    Signature:
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Intuit Interchange Format (.IIF) files are ASCII text, TSV (Tab-Separated Value) files that QuickBooks Desktop uses to import or export lists or transactions. These files make it easier to transfer data to and from different platforms to better manage company records in QuickBooks.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• solostorm
    solostorm Member ✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW  The payroll product is an Intuit product not a Quicken product.  Intuit supports IIF - Intuit Interchange Format.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I know it's an Intuit product.

There been a few posts on this forum that said that people have somehow got a qif file and imported it that's about all I know about it other than to say they Quicken has never imported and iif file.
    Signature:
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    solostorm said: Intuit supports IIF - Intuit Interchange Format.
    Since the IIF file is text - I wonder if it can be manipulated into a QIF file for Importing ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• solostorm
    solostorm Member ✭✭✭✭

Need to Find Payroll Service Provider who provides QIF or QFX export files for importing to Quicken

• solostorm
    solostorm Member ✭✭✭✭
    Or figure out how to get data exported from QuickBooks Online Payroll (Core) exports to load into Quicken.

Intuit lied in their promotion to Intuit Online Payroll (IOP) customers when the said that the forced migration from Intuit Online Payroll to QuickBooks Online Payroll (Core) would include everything that IOP had.  That's not true.  IOP exported to Quicken.  QuickBooks does not.
  • solostorm
    solostorm Member ✭✭✭✭
    Is there an IIF to QIF converter available?
  • dkuz404
    dkuz404 Member
    edited September 2021
    [Removed - Unverified Link]
  • solostorm
    solostorm Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    dkuz404 thank you, I'll have to check that out.  Have you been using it with good results?   Is it downloadable?   It appears to function online (which we wouldn't be able to do because the file will include confidential EE data). 
This discussion has been closed.