Discussion and Question Replies Suggestion

I suggest that a reply to a question is called "user x replied" rather than "user x answered" your question. We do not know if they answered or not until their post is accepted as an answer. We do know they replied.

And then when a question is marked as answered, it really is.

Small thing, but for the sake of accuracy to two decimal points....worth changing.
7 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Bob.  This site runs on a software platform from a company called Vanilla; this is a "feature" of the platform this site runs on, and not something Quicken controls.

When anyone replies to a question, is is tagged as "Answered". This is utilized in a link on the right side navigation for "Unanswered" -- questions which have not yet received a reply. It stays as "Answered" until the original poster or someone else clicks on a link in a reply that post answered the question, when the tag is changed to "Accepted Answer".  As you suggest, it would be better if the original reply post was tagged something like "Reply Posted", not "Answered."  But this isn't something Quicken can change; Vanilla would need to change this in their software for all the sites which run their platform.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Its Open Source so not necessary Vanilla makes a global change. Should not be difficult to modify at least the label if not a small bit of utility. Should be enough programmers on the team that could easily do that if desired. Just my .02.
  • jacobs
    While there is an open source version, that's not what this site is running. The commercial version of Vanilla is a software as a service platform. Quicken is a customer, as are hundreds of other companies which use this platform. Quicken programmers have no involvement with or control over this site. (We all might wish otherwise, but that's the reality.)
  • jujujuju
    jujujuju Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken pays for this software, so it can, and should, ask its vendor to make this change, or allow this to be a user (Quicken) configurable item. 
  • jacobs
    @jujujuju  Yes, Quicken is a Vanilla customer, and they can request such a change. Assuming that someone at Quicken agrees the wording should be changed, and they submit this as a feature request to Vanilla, I'd only note that there are lots of other requests for enhancements to the platform which Quicken has asked for which have yet to come to fruition -- so I wouldn't expect to see any quick action on this.