Does the new Copy in R34.xx change the file unique ID?

Options
It is stated that the new copy process will disconnect the online services.
Does this also change the unique ID that is used to connect to the online services?

If it doesn't then people will run into the same problems they have always had when they enable the online services and get connected to the same "Quicken cloud data set", which might be in a "different state".
Signature:
This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Best Answer

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Chris_QPW

The quick answer is yes, doing the new copy/template option will create a brand new dataset id and completely separate that copied file from the original.

Using the create a complete backup is the same as doing File > Save a Copy As.  It's a copy of the file that has the same dataset id as the original.

Selecting the create a copy or template under Advanced Options, is the same as the File > File Operations > Copy process, however, now this option will also create the new, entirely separate dataset id.

If selecting this option, it's important to know that all online services are disconnected in that copied file and Users will need to sign back into their Q-ID and reset up all their accounts, online billers, QBM, etc., if they plan to use that copied file going forward.

The year-end copy option has also been moved under the Advanced options when selecting to Backup or Copy File.

Hope this helps to clarify the changes, but please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns on this new process!

Sarah

Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Chris_QPW

The quick answer is yes, doing the new copy/template option will create a brand new dataset id and completely separate that copied file from the original.

Using the create a complete backup is the same as doing File > Save a Copy As.  It's a copy of the file that has the same dataset id as the original.

Selecting the create a copy or template under Advanced Options, is the same as the File > File Operations > Copy process, however, now this option will also create the new, entirely separate dataset id.

If selecting this option, it's important to know that all online services are disconnected in that copied file and Users will need to sign back into their Q-ID and reset up all their accounts, online billers, QBM, etc., if they plan to use that copied file going forward.

The year-end copy option has also been moved under the Advanced options when selecting to Backup or Copy File.

Hope this helps to clarify the changes, but please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns on this new process!

Sarah
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you very much @Quicken Sarah.  That is great news.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/