Quicken Premier number of check pays... adding more

I have Quicken Premiere 2020 6.2.1 and previous used quicken bill pay.  With the bill pay transition, I seem to have 9 check pays per month.  I remember reading that you would be able to add additional check pays but I do NOT see how to do this on the Mac.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    It's done on your Quicken.com account, not inside Quicken Mac. See this page for how-to information.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Greydog9928
    Greydog9928 Member, Mac Beta Beta
    I now see that you can also access that from within the app under the "My Quicken Account" menu selection.  However I do not see any options to add additional payments [I see in other posts it is 3 checks for $3]
  • jacobs
    When you open your account and click on Manage in the subscriptions box, do you not see something similar to this:

And when you click "Buy More Payments", you should see a screen similar to this:

Note that adding just 3 additional payments is not one of the monthly plans offered. As explained on the post I linked above, there is a separate service called "Automatic Add-on Payments", which can automatically add 3 Quick Pay and 3 Check Pay payments to your current month of service for $3.00. But it includes this note:
    Important: Automatic Add-On Payments for Mac is currently only available for Quicken Bill Pay users that have migrated to Quicken Bill Manager. Broader availability for Automatic Add-On Payments will be available to users on Mac soon.
    If you were a subscriber to the old Quicken Bill Pay (via Metavante) at the time that service was ended last year, then you should be able to access this add-on option; if you weren't a Quicken Bill Pay subscriber at that time, you can't yet access this service. (We have no idea when it will be available to all users.)

You can't add this service proactively, as you can with the plans shown above; you apparently need to run out of payments in a month and try to schedule an additional one in order to see this pop-up dialog box:

When you get that dialog, and click enable, you authorize Quicken to automatically add the additional payments for $3.00 in any month in which you run out of payments. (In months where you do not exceed your base level, you won't be charged.)
  • Greydog9928
    I was a subscriber to the old Quicken Bill Pay prior to this change.  I do not see the ability to by more payments as your are indicating, only an option to change my plan.
  • jacobs
    @Greydog9928  I haven't done this myself (I don't use online bill payment), so I was only telling you what Quicken says should happen. ;)

So have you exhausted either or Check Pay or Quick Pay transactions for the month? (That is, is one of them showing zero remaining?) As I understand it, you won't see this option until you're at zero remaining and trying to pay another bill. If that's where you are, when you try to create the next payment, what happens? It should give you the message above. Is it telling you you have exhausted your monthly allotment, and not offering you that option? 

I think you will need to contact Quicken Support to find out why your account is not offering you the Add-on Payments option.

(If you're desperate to pay some bills a.s.a.p., you could pay $9.95 for the "Plus" option for this month, then cancel that subscription before it recurs.)
  • Greydog9928
    Thanks.  I am out of payments but the option did not come up.  I guess I will have to contact support.
  • Greydog9928
    I was just told by customer service that they are no longer allowing the 3 check/3 quick pay options anymore to both Mac and PC users.  Is this accurate... are others on this board seeing the option to add 3 payments?
  • jacobs
    I've flagged this for the moderators, so hopefully we can get one of them to look into it and post back with a definitive answer.
  • Greydog9928
    As a previous quicken bill pay user, my understanding is that I was supposed to have this option to add on payments as needed on the Mac version, but I never saw it come up or available over the last several months
This discussion has been closed.