OneStep update is slow/freezing/not working

ilyaz
ilyaz Member ✭✭
For some time now (after Quicken updates), OneStep update practically does not work: of nine accounts only one updates. Looked in the Vault and found that 8 passwords "Not Required" while all 3 options Add, Change and Delete are grayed. Apparently, during one of the updates something messed up my Vault and now I have no way to correct it.
Is there any workaround to fix the vault and restore the functionality of OneStep update?

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    See this article: EWC->QCS No Pwd  It explains why those passwords are no longer required in the Password Vault.
    BTW, this is not a recent change, it happened last year sometime if my memory is correct.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• ilyaz
    ilyaz Member ✭✭
    splasher, thanks for your suggestion. But what's strange, that of nine accounts I have, one with a password still there is working fine, while eight without the passwords don't work... Why this change was selective? Shall I Deactivate/Reactivate each of those eight accounts?
  • ilyaz
    ilyaz Member ✭✭
    Thanks again for your suggestions. I'll try them in a few days. However, what do you mean "but you have undo all of them before you start the activation. "
  • ilyaz
    ilyaz Member ✭✭
    Hello, splasher, and thanks for your advice! Just tried to log out and sign in. It worked! Got all accounts updated!
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.