Problems with Express Web Connect....only Direct Connect to institutions are working

Problem started on June18....Quicken hangs on all accounts (tried one-by-one) using Web Connect..Direct Connect accounts still work fine. Using latest version of Quicken for Windows. Anyone else seeing this problem or knowing a way to resolve?

[title changed to reflect EWC vs WC - splasher]

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Web Connect???  Do you really mean Express Web Connect?
    Web Connect is where you login to the FI's website and manually download a Web Connect .QFX file and import it (File menu) into Quicken.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Charlie24
    Charlie24 Member
    Yes...Express Web connect...connection from Quicken versus using Direct Connect which I get charged for...
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Charlie24

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues updating your express web accounts. I'm wondering here since it's only the express web connect accounts if we might not be connecting properly to Quicken servers. A quick step we can try here is we can sign out and back in.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps/options.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Charlie24
    Charlie24 Member
    I got all but one working by resetting the accounts this morning after receiving the latest Quicken Update (not sure if Update had anything to do with it or not). The final one I had to deactivate, then reactivate to get it working. All is well now...thanks!
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @Charlie24

Glad to hear you were able to get the issues resolved! If you do run into any more difficulties please let us know so we can take another look!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • wasso
    wasso Member ✭✭
    Is express web connect working for any bank? It will return ZERO results for B of A, Citi, Cap One, and Chase. Now it thinks it updated. How do I:
    delete the useless update and reset all of my accounts back to the last useable update (really the last time it failed and I did it manually)
    reactivate the accounts since Quicken isn't talking to the banks right now
    STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING AFTER EVERY QUICKEN UPDATE.
    Been on here for hours just troubleshooting Quicken BS. Haven't accomplished anything, and it isn't convenient to work on it M-F 8-5.
    Someone tell me how to get it to consistently do the basics. I am not a programmer, just want to download stuff and balance accounts.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @wasso For non-commercial accounts, Chase provides free Direct Connect downloading, so you should change Chase to DC.  You might have to select "Advanced Options" when setting it up, but it is worth the effort.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.