Split transactions empty since the last 2 updates.

:s
Good afternoon
Lately my accounts and categories in the split transactions that are memorized have all vanished.
I now must redistribute the amounts in many transactions that have been going without change on for years... I don't know what happened but it may be a good idea to look if adding the tag column in the split window isn't responsible and just took the place the accounts and categories used to have.
A lot of job to do to put that back in a good order. I have been using Q since 1991. For example my salary deposit has all its categories gone...
Can somebody look into that please ???
Thanks a lot
Danielle

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

@Danielle Dallaire

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

The behavior you're experiencing it may be best to share your screen with a support agent so they can see what may have caused the issue. As such we would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• Danielle Dallaire
    Danielle Dallaire Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you.
    Actually, the last time I called your support, it cost me a lot of long distance fare.
    I can show you what it does because I took screen shots.
    Maybe somebody can look into it without me having to pay for the call.
    Thank you again !
    Danielle
  • Quicken Francisco
    @Danielle Dallaire

Thanks for the update and the screenshots. I'm wondering here if to start off something might be wrong with the payee. Lets see if we're able to potentially find anything by validating the file. I'll leave steps on how to do so down below.

File > File Operations > Validate & Repair > Validate

Once you've done this let us know if the validation logs have any additional information that can help us fix the issue you're having.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Danielle Dallaire
    HI,

I am sending you now the datalog that was generated with the validate and repair app. I can't attach it as a file because the .txt is not allowed !!! There is a problem category which I have not yet looked into. And the TD problem is appearing each time I want to auto update that account. There is no way I can use that update because it causes a lot of errors in the syncing process. It is the only account I have that I could update automaticaly and it just doesn't work.
    Thanks
    Danielle

[Mon Jun 21 13:22:57 2021]

File: "D:\Données Quicken\Quicken2012\Moi2006"

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    Repaired your data file by removing a damaged category. Please check your category list for missing categories by going to Tools>Category List.
    Quicken repaired Visa TD account. No action required.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

[Mon Jun 21 13:23:38 2021]
    Analyzing securities.

Number of old style Buy/Cash investment transactions updated: 358/0
    No out-of-range security references found.

Validation has completed.
  • Danielle Dallaire
    > @Quicken Francisco said:
    > @Danielle Dallaire
    >
    > Thanks for the update and the screenshots. I'm wondering here if to start off something might be wrong with the payee. Lets see if we're able to potentially find anything by validating the file. I'll leave steps on how to do so down below.
    >
    > File > File Operations > Validate & Repair > Validate
    >
    > Once you've done this let us know if the validation logs have any additional information that can help us fix the issue you're having.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Quicken Francisco

Hi again,
    I took the time to find the categories that had disappeared, and the funny thing is that it dates from 2010. I found also 2 transactions in my investments accounts from 1994 and I just made a transfer from within the account.
    The 10 transactions from 2010 were when I took the bus to go to work. And they never caused any problem before. So Quicken is a strange thing.........
    Bye
    Danielle
  • Quicken Francisco
    @Danielle Dallaire

Thanks for the update. Thank you for also letting us know bout the additional errors you're seeing now as well. I'm thinking the next thing we can attempt here is to perform a super validate and also seeing if may need to clean up some of the some of the memorized payees if that may help us. 

To start off here lets perform the super validate. You can do so by going to the same area for the validate as last time but  HOLD CTRL + SHIFT then click on validate and repair. You should then see super validate file as an option.

To clear up memorized payees you should be able to go to tools > memorized payee list. From there you should be able to clean up some of the older payees by right clicking on them and deleting them.

Once you've done this see if we might still have issues with the new issues that you've found.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Danielle Dallaire
    Good afternoon

Here is the result of the super validation.

[Wed Jun 23 15:57:57 2021]

File: "D:\Données Quicken\Quicken2012\Moi2006"

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    No errors.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

[Wed Jun 23 15:59:04 2021]
    Analyzing securities.

Number of old style Buy/Cash investment transactions updated: 358/0
    No out-of-range security references found.

Super validation has completed.

So the problem is not there, I suppose. When I downloaded my bank transactions, there still was an error syncing. So I guess that having Quicken on my phone only brings me problems.

What do you think ? Thanks for taking care of my case.

Danielle
  • Quicken Francisco
    @Danielle Dallaire

Thanks for the update. The mobile sync could potentially be the issue so it is something that we could test. You should be able to disable the sync by going across the top to edit > preferences > mobile & web > Sync off

Once you've attempted this see if we're still having issue getting the proper categories when you're downloading transactions. Let us know once you've had some time to check!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Danielle Dallaire
    Hello Francisco,

I uninstalled the Quicken app on my phone and chose off from the Mobile and Web menu. Then the famous line with the error disapeared.

I will get to you if I find another category missing in my memorized payee list.

Thanks and have a nice day

Danielle
  • Danielle Dallaire
    Good afternoon,

It looks like I forgot some split transactions when I did my cleaning. I found 2 more today. It always has been a split transaction and now there remains only the first category. Those transactions are used quite rarely. So I will add the categories missing in my memorized payee list and hope for the best.

I hope it will be the last time I have to do that. What a job !!!

I have definitively forgot about using the app on my phone. I think my file is just too big for Quicken.

Thanks again

Danielle
  • Quicken Francisco
    @Danielle Dallaire

Thanks for the updates! It sounds like we're slowly getting there. Hopefully this is the last time and we're not having any more difficulties from then onwards. If you do notice it still we'll look at our next steps again.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.