How do I delete a future scheduled transaction?

Billj7790
Billj7790 Member
How can I delete a future scheduled transaction?

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Are you wanting to delete one future transaction out of a schedule, or just delete the series of scheduled transactions?

The latter is easy. Double click on the scheduled transaction in the register, and in the blue mini-menu bar which pops up under the transaction, click the late option for Delete All Instances. This will delete all future instances of this scheduled transaction. 

If you want to delete the next scheduled transaction, but retain the future schedule, double click the scheduled transaction in the register, and in the blue bar underneath it, click Skip This Instance.

If you want to delete some future instance of a scheduled transaction, but not the next one, there is no easy way to do that. You'd probably need to edit the current scheduled transaction to end before the one you want to delete, then duplicate the schedule transaction and edit that start date to begin after the time you wanted to delete. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Billj7790
    Billj7790 Member
    When I clip on the transaction I do not get the options mentioned in a blue bar below. There is no late option available to delete all future intances of this scheduled transaction.
  • jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    If the transaction is marked as Paid or Deposited you will only get the option to Edit Details.  If it has not been marked as Paid or Deposited then you will get the four options: 1). Mark as Paid or Mark as Deposited, 2). Skip this instance. 3). Edit all instances.4) Delete all instances.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Are you double-clicking on the next scheduled instance of the transaction in the register? It will be gray, like this:

If you are clicking on a transaction which has already been paid, with black text, it is no longer associated with the scheduled transaction.

If you are in the register and don't see any gray future transactions, look for the little clock icon on the upper right of the register, just above the headings and below the Search box on the far right; click on the little arrow to the right of the clock to set reminders of future scheduled transactions to any of the options available, at least Next One Due. Then you should see on for more scheduled transactions.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.