One Step Update Summary - not listing all downloaded accounts

The one step update summary doesn't show my Financial Institutions that were updated. What do I need to do to correct this problem. Thanks

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @Pinkney .  At the bottom of the OSU Summary are the boxes for Just show the last update and Show this window only when there are errors unchecked?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @Pinkney .  At the bottom of the OSU Summary are the boxes for Just show the last update and Show this window only when there are errors unchecked?

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes - it appears that OSU gets confused if there is a mix of Direct Connect and Express Web Connect accounts.
    It tends to show only the last grouping - even if all were just downloaded.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Boatnmaniac
    Ps56k2 said:
    yes - it appears that OSU gets confused if there is a mix of Direct Connect and Express Web Connect accounts.
    It tends to show only the last grouping - even if all were just downloaded.
    For me it is an inconsistent thing.  Sometimes the DC accounts, which update first, will not show up if that "Show just the last update" box is checked but the EWC accounts will show up.  Sometimes both the DC and EWC accounts will show up.
    I have also noticed that sometimes neither the DC nor the EWC accounts will show up.  This tends to happen if I run OSU and then find a need to run OSU again a few minutes later.  I'm speculating that in this situation sometimes the 2nd OSU does not return any new data and so it does not recognize the 2nd OSU as being an update.  Just a guess but it would explain it.
    So, I usually keep that box unchecked and I do not rely on the OSU run date and time on the right side because that does not say anything about when the last download actually occurred...it just shows the last time OSU was run.  Instead, I click on the blue font number of accounts updated (under the Financial Institution names) which will show each account and when they were actually last updated.  Oftentimes the two will agree but not always.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boatnmaniac said: For me it is an inconsistent thing. 
    yup - same here - all good points...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.