6.2.2 is not working well on Mac

Cartwheel33
Cartwheel33 Member
It is very jumpy, delayed typing, moving very slowly between key strokes. Closing up an entry I'm editing while I'm still working on it. Anyone else having similar issues?

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    What troubleshooting steps have you taken? Have you restarted the computer?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Sluggish screen response can be caused by having one or more report windows open behind the main window, out of site and forgotten. Check your Window menu to see if there are other open windows; if so, closing them will likely cure your problem.

For what it's worth, I haven't seen other reports of slow/jumpy behavior on 6.2.2 or 6.2.1.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Cartwheel33
    Cartwheel33 Member
    I actually had restarted the computer but it didn't affect it. Right now, it's still very jumpy. I click on a field to type, it jumps to the previous line and then back and by now I've started typing, so it turns the line in the register to its completed form and I have to hit Edit to continue. There were no reports open by the way in the bkgd.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I'm stumped about anything that could cause the behavior you describe.

Are other apps on your Mac behaving normally? In anrowser, can you open multiple tabor for windows, and type in search terms or open bookedmaked pages as normally and quickly as normal? If you use Mac Mail, is is behaving without any sluggishness or jumpiness?

If it's only Quicken that's behaving oddly, then next thing I'd try is creating a new file for testing. Do File > New and Create from scratch. Create one or two of your accounts and download some transactions. This won't fully mimic your real data file because it will be much smaller and simpler, but it's still useful to know if it is operating smoothly or not.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Cartwheel33
    Cartwheel33 Member
    Actually nothing is jumpy right now but this program. I have had that before in Apple mail. I launched Quicken, saw the new update and installed it as I usually do and suddenly everything got slow, jumpy. For 2 days now I’ve tried to add things to my various registers and find as I type it turns into a finished edit while I’m typing so I have to hit edit to get in again. It jumps back and forth to the previous edit. Everything is so delayed and it seems to cause this. If I have the problem again I will try what you suggested.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Long shot, but you might want to download a fresh copy of the app from your account at quicken.com
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.