USAA transaction downloads pending transactions [edited]

Comments

• Ramias
    Ramias Member ✭✭✭
    Call to USAA front line support (after emailing them on their website and it telling me the issue was too complicated and to call in) was a complete waste of time. Second agent I spoke with (after she escalated) told me to call quicken.

Calling fidelity to get their cash back card instead.
  • AaronInTexas
    AaronInTexas Member ✭✭
    4/4/2021 - I sent Vicky Bonney a polite note asking for an update and also mentioned that there are several USAA members that are considering switching credit card providers due to lack of responsiveness.
  • tresbowen
    tresbowen Member ✭✭
    Last two days haven't had any duplicates--seems like it is fixed. Anyone else still having a problem?
  • Kris Kringle
    Kris Kringle Member ✭✭
    > @tresbowen said:
    > Last two days haven't had any duplicates--seems like it is fixed. Anyone else still having a problem?

We had duplicates this morning, 4/7.
  • Sharkbait
    Sharkbait Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    I thought it was fixed on March 30 (upthread), but I have subsequently received several duplicates, including today 4/7. It appears to be the same issue, where one of the duplicate pairs (the first to be downloaded) has the standard FITID of "MDQvMDQv..." and the second one of the duplicate pairs has the normal looking alphanumeric FITID, e.g.: "6F43F6A2C..." The issue continues. In the meantime, I had been contacted by USAA and told to unlink and then relink the account. I had done that previously, but I will try that again. Unfortunately, diagnosing this issue requires a new charge on the account, for which our use of this card is irregular.
  • RonFrance
    RonFrance Member ✭✭
    4/15 duplicates from usaa continue
  • paula.michele
    paula.michele Member ✭✭
    Talked to Clinton today with USAA tech support. Gave him ticket number INC5595472 found in one of the discussion boards here. He opened up a new ticket INC58185828. I questioned why they would need more than one ticket for the same issue. (USAA likes duplicates? Sigh.) Anyway he seemed to indicate this new ticket was more specific to the problem being with the server. Perhaps if we all continue to call like squeaky wheels, we could get this moving faster.
  • isonclubikin
    isonclubikin Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Way back on 29 Jan 2021, I messaged USAA about Deposits coming over as Payments via their connection to Quicken.  Today (3-1/2 months later), I got the following "deny everything" response:

"Thank you for your message regarding the issues you are having with in Quicken. We recognize the importance of easily managing your finances and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and our delay in response. Transactions will download to quicken exactly as they appear on the USAA website or on statements. Members are responsible for categorizing transactions themselves within the register for Quicken. USAA does not categorize transactions for use in downloading to Quicken. Our Website Customer Support department is only able to troubleshoot the connection with Quicken, as we are not provided the provisions to troubleshoot the software itself. For any additional issues or troubleshooting steps, please contact Quicken...."

Then they helpfully closed and archived the message so I can't even point them to this thread.
  • Joe Biggs
    Joe Biggs Member ✭✭
    The beat goes on.......I've been having this issue since February-ish when we had to reconnect using the Access ID and PIN. I constantly get duplicate transactions downloaded for my credit card account.

I called USAA Support tonight. They had me do the usual. Disconnect the account, reconnect using the Access ID and PIN. It reconnected, of course, and downloaded no transactions, of course. I suspect that when I download tomorrow or the next day, I will get duplicates.

The Support person wouldn't look up the other tickets that were mentioned above. He said they were for different accounts and every problem is unique. He did acknowledge that it is an existing issue, but no fix or workaround or ETA available for when it would be resolved.

He said they would call back in 3-5 business days (right...) and if they don't, to call back and ask about the status.
  • AaronInTexas
    AaronInTexas Member ✭✭
    update: 6/4/2021 - downloaded transactions from USAA credit day before yesterday. downloaded same transactions yesterday. I also have been speaking with USAA and their tech folks - not sure they understand what the problem is just yet.
  • AaronInTexas
    AaronInTexas Member ✭✭
    > @Sharkbait said:
    > I thought it was fixed on March 30 (upthread), but I have subsequently received several duplicates, including today 4/7. It appears to be the same issue, where one of the duplicate pairs (the first to be downloaded) has the standard FITID of "MDQvMDQv..." and the second one of the duplicate pairs has the normal looking alphanumeric FITID, e.g.: "6F43F6A2C..." The issue continues. In the meantime, I had been contacted by USAA and told to unlink and then relink the account. I had done that previously, but I will try that again. Unfortunately, diagnosing this issue requires a new charge on the account, for which our use of this card is irregular.

6/4 - I chatted with Quicken today and they told me that the download ID is the key to having a conversation with USAA - basically, if the transaction download ID code is different (or one of them is blank) for the same duplicate transaction, that proves the problem is on USAA’s side. I hope to be talking to USAA about this soon - they said they would give me a call.
  • AaronInTexas
    AaronInTexas Member ✭✭
    6/6 - odd... Quicken had me start a test file and download transactions - not getting duplicates in the test file today (I did in my primary file today), but may have something to do with timing of the downloads in each file. I will have to continue downloading into two different files (primary plus test) to see if having a "fresh" / "new" file may help...
  • Joe Biggs
    Joe Biggs Member ✭✭
    Did my download today 6/6 and got two transactions that had been reconciled yesterday. I will not try the test file routine. Let them fix the problem.
  • Kris Kringle
    Kris Kringle Member ✭✭
    We are still getting the duplicate transactions with our credit card downnloads. This is frustrating that USAA cannot resolve this. Their famed customer service in all aspects of the services they offer has been greatly eroding over the past 10 years or so.
  • AaronInTexas
    AaronInTexas Member ✭✭
    spoke with USAA last week - they are definitely aware of the issue and I still have a case number open. they even had a schedule in place with anticipated resolution by the end of May 2021. the web support person I spoke with obviously knew it was past that date - I gave her answers to a list of questions that IT asked for. FYI: I am still downloading duplicate transactions (as of this morning) and obviously not fixed. BUT - it does appear that USAA is trying, but does not have it fixed just yet. Joe - agree, test file is of no use... I get duplicates in the test file AND my primary file. This is a USAA problem.
  • AaronInTexas
    AaronInTexas Member ✭✭
    6/19 - still getting duplicate transactions with our credit card downloads.
  • Buzzmeupcaptain
    Buzzmeupcaptain Member ✭✭
    6/20 - from bad to OMG... was seeing duplicate debits on the Visa downloads about once a week, now getting those daily plus payments and so far have 3 payments duplicated. This is really getting old and making me question why I continue with USAA.
  • AaronInTexas
    AaronInTexas Member ✭✭
    6/21 - still getting duplicate transactions with our credit card downloads.
  • radarchief75
    radarchief75 Member ✭✭
    The USAA Chief Information Officer twitter is @michaelobrady and USAA is @USAA. I suggest you tweet at them and voice your displeasure, it may be the only way to get this fixed.
  • AaronInTexas
    AaronInTexas Member ✭✭
    6/27 - still getting duplicate transactions with our credit card downloads.
  • Joe Biggs
    Joe Biggs Member ✭✭
    Yeah I am also. It is not important to USAA to fix the problem so I do not know when it will get fixed
  • AaronInTexas
    AaronInTexas Member ✭✭
    6/29 - still getting duplicate transactions with our credit card downloads.
  • johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    Is there any update on the effort to prevent Quicken from downloading previously reconciled USAA Credit Card (Visa) transactions as new?  It is almost an every time event to compare new transactions to cleared transactions to see if they are really new or are duplicates of previously cleared transactions.
  • Richard Troy
    Richard Troy Member ✭✭✭
    Just reviewed my prior inputs on this issue. Here's a quote from March 11th: "I got a callback today from customer service acknowledging the issue as a USAA Critical Priority and Tech Support is working it."
  • Joe Biggs
    Joe Biggs Member ✭✭
    They have been working this issue since Feb and still don't have it fixed. Need to get some new IT people to get it done
  • Buzzmeupcaptain
    Buzzmeupcaptain Member ✭✭
    I was an IT Director at a major bank, this doesn't seem to be an IT staff issue rather than management failing to oversee and prioritize resolution. Couple this issue's lack of resolution with my experiences with customer service deteriorating over the past 15 or so years and I become more concerned about whether or not to trust my banking to USAA any longer.

Even once this issue is resolved, the timeliness of transaction downloads is an issue that impacts my ability to understand my finances. As I wind down the number of accounts I have over the next few years (USAA did not provide regulatory reporting required by my employer, so was limited in where I could have my brokerage account - once my very few remaining options vest that restriction will be gone) I will be strongly considering moving to a local bank who has had no issues with their Quicken downloads.

In fact, it's time to stop complaining and start the move... Next week I'll open a small account and migrate a few bills to it to see how they do.
  • wrldtvlr
    wrldtvlr Member ✭✭
    This is insane. Starting to wonder if USAA is going to drop support completely.
  • AaronInTexas
    AaronInTexas Member ✭✭
    7/26 - still getting duplicate transactions with our credit card downloads.
  • AaronInTexas
    AaronInTexas Member ✭✭
    7/31 - still getting duplicate transactions with our credit card downloads.
  • Joe Biggs
    Joe Biggs Member ✭✭
    I have now gotten a new Master card from my bank and stopped using USAA about 2 weeks ago and will pay off the mill in Aug and then close the account. Not going to mess with this any longer
This discussion has been closed.