USAA transaction downloads pending transactions [edited]

Options
123457»

Comments

• Sharkbait
    Sharkbait Member ✭✭
    Options
    We haven't seen duplicates on our USAA Visa card account since 10/15/21, so hopefully the issue has been resolved by USAA. The duplicate download IDs always looked something like "MTAvMTUvM..." whereas correct download IDs were a more random mix of alphanumerics. Someone upthread postulated that they might have been running duplicate servers configured slightly differently. That seems as good a theory as any. USAA fronline support had no clue in the many attempts I made to explain the issue, and no one from next level support could ever be bothered to reach out. Let's hope it's fixed.
  • tresbowen
    tresbowen Member ✭✭
    Options
    Haven't seen duplicates in two weeks or so. That's a first since last Winter.
  • buzzard192
    buzzard192 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Alyssa said:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > Thank you for continuing to update this discussion with your experiences, successful or otherwise. 
    >
    > I noticed that many of you seem to have found a resolution, which is great news! I am just curious if any of the others in this discussion are still experiencing issues.
    >
    >
    > Quicken Alyssa

I have not had duplicates in about a week. I sync every morning, usually around 6 AM EST.

What I am seeing now is that not all the transactions downloaded cover the downloaded balance, so in order to reconcile, I have to look at my account and add in items recently posted to get the account to reconcile. The next day that I sync, those transactions will download, so then I have to delete the transactions that I manually entered the day before.

Today for instance, 4 transactions were downloaded. All 4 I had to manually add yesterday to get my balance to reconcile with the online balance that was downloaded. Then when I went to reconcile, the balances didn't match. Checking my account, there were 3 transactions with a posting date of 9 Nov (2 days ago) that I had to manually add. I guarantee that those transactions will download tomorrow.

Any one else having this issue?
  • Sharkbait
    Sharkbait Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've seen buzzard192's issue twice so far with my daily downloads. I cancel reconciliation and wait to reconcile the next day, rather than enter/delete transactions manually. It is possible that this problem has replaced the duplicate transactions one. :)
  • Buzzmeupcaptain
    Options
    Last set of duplicates for me occurred on 10/25. However, continue to see frequent reconciliation issues which I also just cancel reconciliation.

likely unrelated, but for the past 3 days I have errors connecting only to USAA for my downloads. Retrying seems to be hit or miss. These are usually about 6:30 am PST.
  • buzzard192
    buzzard192 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Sharkbait - if it is only a single missing transaction, I will usually just cancel the reconciliation, but if it is multiple, I like to make sure the amounts add up and I'm not missing something else.
  • Sharkbait
    Sharkbait Member ✭✭
    Options
    @buzzard192, another option is to use the USAA phone app to quickly check that account. @Buzzmeupcaptain, I have also seen your download error issue too, around the same time of day - early mornings PST.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    Hello again, 

Thank you for continuing to update us here in the Community on this issue.

It is definitely possible that a new issue has replaced the old one, unfortunately. However, I have to say that getting transactions a day late does seem more favorable than constantly getting duplicates. 

I would like you all to open a test file and add the USAA accounts there. Just so you can update that one for a few days, and see if you get the same behavior there. You would still keep your original file up to date as well. 

You can follow the steps in this Knowledge Base article to make a new file. This article also gives instructions on getting back to your original file. This way you can alternate back and forth between both easily. 

In the meantime, I think the best way to handle the transactions being late is to just wait and reconcile today's transactions tomorrow, like @Sharkbait mentioned above.

Do let us know how this test goes!

Quicken Alyssa

• wrldtvlr
    wrldtvlr Member ✭✭
    Options
    My temporary work around has been to download at 9AM CST. I just did a manual download at 7:49 with no duplicates. I'll try a scheduled 6AM download tomorrow.
  • AaronInTexas
    AaronInTexas Member ✭✭
    Options
    Over the last couple of weeks, I have NOT had any duplicate transactions! Yay! Not sure about online balance reconciliation as I usually reconcile against paper statement monthly. Will monitor...
  • buzzard192
    buzzard192 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Alyssa said:
    > Hello again, 
    >
    > It is definitely possible that a new issue has replaced the old one, unfortunately. However, I have to say that getting transactions a day late does seem more favorable than constantly getting duplicates. 
    >
    > I would like you all to open a test file and add the USAA accounts there. Just so you can update that one for a few days, and see if you get the same behavior there. You would still keep your original file up to date as well. 
    >
    > In the meantime, I think the best way to handle the transactions being late is to just wait and reconcile today's transactions tomorrow.

Alyssa,

I am seeing the same behavior on the separate test file. Getting transactions a day late isn't that much of an issue, the larger issue is the reconciliation with the online balance. You say to just wait and reconcile today's transactions tomorrow, but when I download tomorrow's, the online balance downloaded will include new transactions that will not be downloaded until the next day. Every day I have between 3 and 5 (sometimes more) transactions, so I am never able to reconcile the downloaded transactions with the downloaded online balance.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    Hello again @buzzard192,

Thank you for that update. 

You can always enter your missing/delayed transactions manually, and then you would be able to reconcile. The following day the downloaded transactions should match to the ones you manually entered. Unfortunately, you would have to continue this procedure every time you want to reconcile, until the issue is corrected by USAA.

Quicken Alyssa

• wrldtvlr
    wrldtvlr Member ✭✭
    Options
    Well, for the past three days I've been able to do scheduled 6AM downloads with no duplicates. Fingers crossed.
  • Richard Troy
    Richard Troy Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Charter member of USAA Dup Download Club.  After again contacting USAA in August, someone called me at least once a week to cross-check downloads starting early September until  mid-October, when I was away from my computer for two weeks.  Came back to find issue fixed!  (At least so far.)
  • wrldtvlr
    wrldtvlr Member ✭✭
    Options
    After a week we're still good here as well.
  • wrldtvlr
    wrldtvlr Member ✭✭
    Options
    Sigh. OL-301A errors this morning.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wrldtvlr said:
    Sigh. OL-301A errors this morning.
    The OL-301A has been an intermittent problem for weeks.  It is like they do something to their server and very regular basis (usually in the mornings).

It is a pain, but it isn't really tied to the duplicate transactions, just another pain like the fact that on the checking account they are sending 1 for the check number even when there isn't a check number.

I'm going to leave USAA starting at the beginning of the year and will be happy to leave all these nuisances behind.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • wrldtvlr
    wrldtvlr Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, the OK-301A is gone today.
  • wrldtvlr
    wrldtvlr Member ✭✭
    Options
    And still no duplicates. Looks like they finally fixed it.
  • Sharkbait
    Sharkbait Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm hopeful too. I have been researching alternatives to USAA, but I'll keep my accounts if it's fixed.
  • JubJub
    JubJub Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I was still having the issue as of 9/26 when "Bea" at USAA opened a Web Support Ticket. I heard from a Diane at USAA on 10/06/21 who "tried something' to see if that resolved my problem. I was going out of town the next day and wasn't going to return until 10/23/21 and she said she would call me back after that. Of course, I never received a call but, knock on wood, I haven't received a duplicate transaction since I returned and it's been just over a month. That time frame seems to coincide with what others have reported as to when the problem ceased.
    The most frustrating part of this for me was USAA not coming clean about the problem or even having the courtesy to tell the user community that the problem was definitely solved. Someone did something as these things don't just resolve themselves.
    I appreciate the discussion about options to USAA. I have a Fidelity account for my investments. My employer uses it for our 401k and I moved my other investment accounts there when USAA started pissing me off with some insurance issues a while ago. As far as banking, I have been looking at Chase and @Chris_QPW 's comments about it above have reinforced the direction I was leaning. Thanks!
  • Sharkbait
    Sharkbait Member ✭✭
    Options
    A Fidelity CMA is a great cash management and checking account, especially with a Fidelity 2% cash-back Visa card. Unfortunately, the CMA shows up in Quicken as an Investment Account rather than a Checking Acct. The investment register columns aren't as useful if you have a lot of checks and withdrawals. For one thing, you can't see the category or split categories unless you open a transaction to edit it. (No hover viewing either.) If Quicken allowed more flexibility with investment register column choices and views, it could be perfect.
  • David Ouzounian
    David Ouzounian Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    When I update my USAA credit card in the morning (Eastern Time), I get some, but not all of the transactions reflected in the online balance for the account.  If I update in the afternoon, the rest of the transactions download, and match the online balance published by Quicken.  Annoying, but at least the duplicate transactions seem to have stopped.  Using Q build 27.1.34.24.
  • Sharkbait
    Sharkbait Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @David Ouzounian said:
    > When I update my USAA credit card in the morning (Eastern Time), I get some, but not all of the transactions reflected in the online balance for the account.  If I update in the afternoon, the rest of the transactions download, and match the online balance published by Quicken.  Annoying, but at least the duplicate transactions seem to have stopped.  Using Q build 27.1.34.24.

I have the same issue. The transactions show as "in process" in the mobile app in the morning, so they shouldn't be downloading until processed, but the amounts are being included in the online balance being sent from USAA to the Quicken program.
  • buzzard192
    buzzard192 Member ✭✭
    Options
    >The transactions show as "in process" in the mobile app

For me they show as posted in the app and the amounts are included in the balance but not downloaded. Like David, if I sync in the evening, then they are downloaded.
  • Widowcali
    Options
    Ever since that failed patch a few months ago where Quicken started duplicating transactions, I've had issues. I've installed each of the patches designed to fix the issue, and for the last couple of weeks not only am I still getting duplicate transactions, but none of my online account balances are syncing to Quicken. I contacted Quicken on Thursday, and was given another patch. After that installed, the online account balances were still incorrect. The tech had me try to reset my accounts, and now my accounts are no longer synched. No matter what I try, I either get the message that the Quicken server is unavailable or the USAA server is unavailable. And now my USAA account is locked. I just want to balance my checkbook.
  • wrldtvlr
    wrldtvlr Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm seeing the same disconnect between online balance and cleared balance, but I can live with it. Far less a problem than the duplicate transaction issue.
  • Lakedaisy
    Lakedaisy Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Quicken (Win) is finally working correctly - for a week now. I must update accounts after 10AM (EST) then everything works as it should. If I update before 10AM then balance/cleared balance is wrong and won't reconcile. But, if I update (again) after 10AM the transactions which wouldn't download before 10AM do and the accounts reconcile.
    Quicken user since 1986
  • AaronInTexas
    AaronInTexas Member ✭✭
    Options
    no duplicates for a few weeks now. Looks like they finally fixed it.
  • toms123
    toms123 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Have the same problem using Quicken for Mac, only with USAA Credit Card.
This discussion has been closed.