Is there a way to have Billpay to not default to the first checking account registered?

Options
I have two checking accounts and I have to be careful to select the account which is not the first account registered. I would like Quicken Billpay to require me to select an account each time so that I can't inadvertently pay a bill with the wrong checking account.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @aseibert413

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue.  
    When scheduling or making a payment through Quicken Bill Manager it will always prompt you to choose a checking account if you have more than one. If you would like to have your main/preferred checking selected, then you can try to move it to the top of the account list. 

To rearrange the account order select Tools >Account List. Over to the left of the accounts will be a set of arrows going up and down with the word “Order” in between. Select the up or down arrow to move the desired account to the top. 

Hope you find this helpful and let us know how it goes. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @Quicken Paloma This question was asked in a Quicken Mac category, so assuming @aseibert413 is indeed using Quicken Mac, the instructions posted above won't work because describes Quicken Windows.

@aseibert413  Although Quicken Mac doesn't let you re-arrange the order of accounts (yet… we're told such functionality is coming some day!), you can achieve the same result by simply renaming your accounts. For instance, let's say you have ABC Checking and XYZ Checking but you wanted XYZ Checking to be first in your list; just rename the accounts something like "1-XYZ Checking" and "2-ABC Checking". I do this with a bunch of my accounts so they appear in the order I prefer in the sidebar rather than just alphabetically.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jacobs said:
    @Quicken Paloma This question was asked in a Quicken Mac category, so assuming @aseibert413 is indeed using Quicken Mac, the instructions posted above won't work because describes Quicken Windows.
    @jacobs

Thank you for catching that. I was incorrect to give instructions for Windows! Your help is much appreciated. 

-Quicken Paloma
This discussion has been closed.