Error Quicken Update Program

I just tried to start Quicken this morning and got message Quicken Update Program "An error occurred" The Update failed to install.
The process cannot access the file:
Will try again but I suspect that not everything is ready for the update and/or my anitvirus software is interfering.

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Paul Rahn

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you had issues with updating the program. I do know antiviruses occasionally do give us issues with updating or downloading transactions. Is this the first time this has happened with your antivirus? After updating the program is the program working properly with AV enabled? 

Once you get the chance let us know more. If you have any further issues as well we can take another look to see if it's a consistent trend.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Paul Rahn
    Paul Rahn Member ✭✭
    Note: I disabled both my antiivirus program TrendMicro Internet Security and Windows Defende. Upgrate the worked. Problem solved but not a good solution.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Paul Rahn

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you had issues with updating the program. I do know antiviruses occasionally do give us issues with updating or downloading transactions. Is this the first time this has happened with your antivirus? After updating the program is the program working properly with AV enabled? 

Once you get the chance let us know more. If you have any further issues as well we can take another look to see if it's a consistent trend.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Paul Rahn
    Paul Rahn Member ✭✭
    Once I disabled the antivirus programs (TrendMicro and Windows Defender) the install worked. I then turned the antivirus programs back on . Rebooted and everything is working with the updated Quicken.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Note that according to the following announcement there is a release in staged release mode that is suppose to fix this problem.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7895340/windows-r34-xx-release-us
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/