Has quicken ever looked into building a budgeted Balance Sheet?

I was told by Quicken Support there is no way to budget a balance sheet. Neither the business nor the personal package has that ability.

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Questions in this forum are mostly answered by other users like yourself so your question is pretty much impossible to answer.
    That said, Quicken, even the Home & Business product, is considered "personal accounting software" and I'd never expect to see "balance sheet budgeting" in a personal accounting software product. 
    Trying to budget a balance sheet involves using estimates that are over and above the estimates used for an income and expense budget, e.g., CapX expenditures, required inventory levels, AR and AP turnovers, etc.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Questions in this forum are mostly answered by other users like yourself so your question is pretty much impossible to answer.
    That said, Quicken, even the Home & Business product, is considered "personal accounting software" and I'd never expect to see "balance sheet budgeting" in a personal accounting software product. 
    Trying to budget a balance sheet involves using estimates that are over and above the estimates used for an income and expense budget, e.g., CapX expenditures, required inventory levels, AR and AP turnovers, etc.
  • rewald
    rewald Member
    Appreciate the response. I will continue using Excel as a supplement.
This discussion has been closed.