Add Password/Change Password/Delete Password Grayed out

Options
Faizulla
Faizulla Member
I have the latest version R33.24 Deluxe for Windows installed. When I go to change the user name for an account or update the password the options are all grayed out. Is there a fix for this?

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you are talking about bank user names and passwords ...
    an account cannot be activated for downloading if you want to change the user name. All accounts with this bank, including any old, hidden and long forgotten accounts which are still activated, must be deactivated first.
    After all accounts with this bank have been deactivated use Tools / Add Accounts to activate the accounts again. When, during activation, you reach the list of accounts found at the bank, be sure to click the button showing Add / Link / Ignore to select LINK. In a popup view select the account register you wish to connect this bank account to. If you do not select the correct account ... you won't like the results. Repeat for each account you want to activate. Choose Ignore if you don't want to activate an account. You can always come back later to do so.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you are talking about bank user names and passwords ...
    an account cannot be activated for downloading if you want to change the user name. All accounts with this bank, including any old, hidden and long forgotten accounts which are still activated, must be deactivated first.
    After all accounts with this bank have been deactivated use Tools / Add Accounts to activate the accounts again. When, during activation, you reach the list of accounts found at the bank, be sure to click the button showing Add / Link / Ignore to select LINK. In a popup view select the account register you wish to connect this bank account to. If you do not select the correct account ... you won't like the results. Repeat for each account you want to activate. Choose Ignore if you don't want to activate an account. You can always come back later to do so.
  • lucin
    lucin Member
    Options
    I have tried updating my accounts with my bank. The bank requires at least 8 letters numbers and special character. When I change and save quicken states no special characters. What is resolution.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lucin said:
    I have tried updating my accounts with my bank. The bank requires at least 8 letters numbers and special character. When I change and save quicken states no special characters. What is resolution.
    Have you tried this yet (if your bank recently changed their website or password requirements)?

How to refresh financial institution information (Branding)

Please read and follow instructions here:
    How do I refresh my financial institution information in Quicken?

If that doesn't resolve the issue:

• It is the bank's or biller's contractual obligation to notify their Quicken download service provider, Intuit, of any changes to their websites and download functions in a timely manner before the change is implemented. Intuit needs a sufficient amount of lead time to review, change and test their programs, to adapt to the changes the bank makes.
    • The bank also needs to notify their customers of this change in a timely fashion and detail any actions that might be required by the customer to regain access after the change was introduced.
    • If they didn't do that, complain to your bank's upper level management.
    • Also contact Quicken Support via Chat or Phone at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  during posted hours of operation and report this Online Banking issue, so that Quicken Support can escalate this issue to Intuit Inc.  Ultimately, however, the bank must work together with Intuit on solving this update issue.

Please let us know if you were able to get this issue resolved (or not).

• PinkTitan
    PinkTitan Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @UKR said:
    > Have you tried this
    > yet (if your bank recently changed their website or password requirements)? How to refresh financial institution information
    > (Branding)
    >
    > Please read and
    > follow instructions here:
    >
    > How do
    > I refresh my financial institution information in Quicken?
    >
    > If that doesn't
    > resolve the issue:
    >
    > * It is the bank's or biller's
    > contractual obligation to notify their Quicken download service provider,
    > Intuit, of any changes to their websites and download functions in
    > a timely manner before the change is implemented. Intuit needs a sufficient
    > amount of lead time to review, change and test their programs, to adapt to
    > the changes the bank makes.
    > * The bank also needs to notify
    > their customers of this change in a timely fashion and detail any actions
    > that might be required by the customer to regain access after the change
    > was introduced.
    > * If they didn't do that,
    > complain to your bank's upper level management. https://www.upsers.app/
    > * Also contact Quicken Support
    > via Chat or Phone at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  during
    > posted
    > hours of operation and report this Online Banking issue, so
    > that Quicken Support can escalate this issue to Intuit Inc.  Ultimately, however, the bank must work
    > together with Intuit on solving this update issue.
    >
    > Please let us know
    > if you were able to get this issue resolved (or not).

Your Blog is very nice. Wish to see much more like this. Thanks for sharing your information
This discussion has been closed.