Is there a way to sort based on two factors?

I'd like to sort first by date, then in descending order. Is there a way to do that?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sort WHAT in descending order, after you've sorted by date.  And, No, there's no provision for 2 factor sorting ... but what if you filter by date and then sort by the 2nd factor

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• fjavila71
    fjavila71 Member ✭✭
    Sorry, I should have been more clear. I want to sort first by date, then by $ amount of transaction.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    fjavila71 said:
    Sorry, I should have been more clear. I want to sort first by date, then by $ amount of transaction.

No, sorry, if you are talking about sorting a bank account register, there's no way to select more than one sorting option, unless specifically mentioned in the Sorting Options menu.
    The default sort by Date (ascending or descending) should get you close. Just click the "Date" column header once. A triangle appears in the column header. If it points up, sort order is ascending, newest date at the bottom. To toggle sort order from ascending to descending or back just click the Date column header once again.
    There have been discussions here in the Community about making sure that the default Date sort also sorts transactions within date by Amount, deposits first, then withdrawals. AFAIK, Quicken has not implemented this suggestion yet.
    Meanwhile, you can try using "Sort by Date / Order entered" and make sure you record transactions of the same date, deposits first, then withdrawals.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might be able to export the report to  Excel or a spreadsheet and then sort the way you want.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    fjavila71 said:

Maybe I wasn't clear enough.  Sort your register in the desired order by date.  Then use the FILTERS at the top of the register, use the Date filter to select the range that you're interested in and then sort by amount.
    While not exactly what you're asking for this will get you closer than anything except exporting to
    Excel

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP